DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Arbor press as coper/notching press (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/297566-arbor-press-coper-notching-press.html)

Andre Majorel February 4th 10 02:08 PM

Arbor press as coper/notching press

Newbie question : can an arbor press be used as a coper/notching
press ? By that, I mean using an arbor press with a square punch
to make a rectangular notch in a corner.

_____ __
| | | |_

I wonder if the lack of shear effort on two sides of the punch
would tend to bend the punch and/or make the piece slide.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
"Marque nouvelle. Dans le stock. Les navires de FL, les