Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [Way OT] Is your cell phone killing you?

http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and...?currentPage=1

--Winston

--
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/29/2010 5:45 PM, Winston wrote:
http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and...?currentPage=1

--Winston

Don't _you_ start. Read all the references listed in the back of ANSI
C95.1 and get back to us.

Kevin Gallimore
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/29/2010 3:49 PM, axolotl wrote:

Don't _you_ start. Read all the references listed in the back of ANSI C95.1 and get back to us.

http://www.rfsafetysolutions.com/RF%...Standards.html

900 MHz CDMA phone at 2 mW

IEEE limit is 30 W / m^2 or 3 mW / cm^2, *for 6 minutes*.

I'm just saying.

--Winston

--
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

On 1/29/2010 3:49 PM, axolotl wrote:

Don't _you_ start. Read all the references listed in the back of ANSI C95.1 and get back to us.

http://www.rfsafetysolutions.com/RF%...Standards.html

900 MHz CDMA phone at 2 mW

IEEE limit is 30 W / m^2 or 3 mW / cm^2, *for 6 minutes*.

I'm just saying.

That you don't understand RF.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is your cell phone killing you?

On Jan 29, 5:45*pm, Winston wrote:
http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and...ning-cell-phon...

--Winston

--
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

Is my cell phone killing me? Nope.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and...?currentPage=1

--Winston

Life is a bitch, then you die. No one gets out alive. You can get cancer
from a cell phone, or an ulcer from fretting about it, or get run over by a
beer truck.

Don't worry so much.

All bleeding stops eventually.
Everyone dies from something.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 29, 4:45*pm, Winston wrote:
http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and...ning-cell-phon...

--Winston

--
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

If you use it while driving it can easily get you killed.

Studies show it to be true.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:45:31 -0800, Winston
wrote:

http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and...?currentPage=1

--Winston

Dissclaimer- I work in wireless so therefore anything I say is in no
way obiviusly dicdicdictated to me by Industry Operatives by using
Microwave MiMiMind Control to warp my every thththough to thier own
Evil Purposes (usually that means forcing me to reload the office
printer ...)

That being said there is no known mechanisum that will cause living
tissue to become carconegenic through application of non-ionizing
radiation. The only repeated demonstrable effect that non-ionizing
radition (i.e. radio waves) has on tissue is a heating effect. Have
you ever noticed how using a cell phone on a cold day warms you up?
No? Thats because the amount of power put out by a phone, & the
percentage of that actuall absorbed by your body, is so low it
wouldn'r warm up a nat.

Everybody has heard of the studies that show a link between cellphones
(or power lines, or cuddly stuffed teady bears) and cancer. What
never seems to make it into the news are critiques of the studies (at
least the ones published in peer reviewed venues, be very wary of
people who don't want peer-review) or the results of duplicate studies
that result in null or even opposite results.

My general take on the people doing these studies is that they broadly
fall into two groups-

Those with doctorates in physics who know nothing about biology

and

those who are biologists who no nothing about radio waves.

As far as I can see the only thing both groups have in common is the
general scientific curiosty to see if publishing papers will get them
more grants & possibly tenure :/

Especially in Sweden.

The Medical Colledge of Wisconsin used to maintian a very good summary
of cellphone-cancer studues, unfortunately they gave it up but copies
of it are still available @ web.archive.org-

http://web.archive.org/web/200602130...h-faq/toc.html

have a thorough look, it's a real eye opener.

I'll contribute a few thoughts on this-

First, if there is an actual link between EM radiation & cancer I
would expect that by now there would be very clear, very repeatble
evidence of this, so far there isn't.

Secondly, consider the amount of energy a cell phone puts out, then
consider the amount of energy thay you get from standing in the sun
(wearing sun block of course- UV *is* ionizing) or even from office
lighting. Holding a cell phone againt your head probably results in
less effect to your body than holding a flashlight against it.

Third, for an article that makes a number of less than subtle remarks
about sources of funding for "negative" studies it might be
instructive to check out the general tone of other articles sponsered
by the people who paid for this one.

H.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and...?currentPage=1

--Winston

Dissclaimer- I work in wireless so therefore anything I say is in no
way obiviusly dicdicdictated to me by Industry Operatives by using
Microwave MiMiMind Control to warp my every thththough to thier own
Evil Purposes (usually that means forcing me to reload the office
printer ...)

Thanks Howard

The article was cited on comp.risks, so I figured it was an important warning.

--Winston

--
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 30, 1:54*pm, Howard Eisenhauer
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:45:31 -0800, Winston

H.

If you want another reason to fret, look up the intensity of the RF
and magnetic fields in an MRI machine.
http://www.aapm.org/meetings/02AM/pdf/8356-48054.pdf

The RF power absorption can be up to 10W/Kg, enough to cause
noticeable heating and considerably above the limit for cell phones.
Plus the magnetic field is strong enough to bend a knife. I ran an NMR
in a chem lab one summer and like everyone else had to see how strong
14,000 Gauss really was.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/30/2010 2:36 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

(...)

The RF power absorption can be up to 10W/Kg, enough to cause
noticeable heating and considerably above the limit for cell phones.
Plus the magnetic field is strong enough to bend a knife. I ran an NMR
in a chem lab one summer and like everyone else had to see how strong
14,000 Gauss really was.

The perfect enclosure for an uppity employee.

--Winston

OT I wish my cell phone could.... DerbyDad03 Home Repair 19 January 15th 09 03:11 AM
cell phone ransley Home Repair 14 September 5th 08 11:47 PM
Cell phone 911 ---MIKE--- Home Repair 1 December 9th 07 08:45 PM
Can I switch the sim in my damaged Cell Phone to a new Cell Phone? [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 September 30th 06 12:58 AM
Cell Phone M. Anas Electronics 1 July 13th 04 01:17 PM