Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Test bar

I would like to buy or borrow a test bar, either with just centers, or
MT3. If anyone has one for sale or one I can borrow, I wil be
grateful. I will only use it for measuring and not for cutting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus18274" wrote in message
I would like to buy or borrow a test bar, either with just centers, or
MT3. If anyone has one for sale or one I can borrow, I wil be
grateful. I will only use it for measuring and not for cutting.

and only take it out for drives on Sunday morning after church?

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve, thank you,. email sent

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18274 wrote:
I would like to buy or borrow a test bar, either with just centers, or
MT3. If anyone has one for sale or one I can borrow, I wil be
grateful. I will only use it for measuring and not for cutting.

I usually just use some pieces of hardened and
ground shafting.
You have to check them for straightness, but if
they are good,
they make very nice tools for checking lathe
alignment, which
sounds like what you are looking for. You can
even put them in
a 3-jaw chuck. Then you can check the chuck and
how it is mounted
for accuracy at the same time.

Jon