Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Found a Car

SWMBO and I decided on a car, and purchased it. 2008 Kia Rondo. 37k miles.
We have the remainder of the 60K, 5 year warranty. The 10 year 100k mile
power train warranty is not transferable (contrary to popular myth).

Car is very quiet and fairly soft-riding. That was our main criteria. BTW,
it is a small SUV. 20-26 mpg. I can always beat the EPA estimates,
especially on the highway end.

BONUS !! Called Kia Customer Service to buy a Shop Manual along with their
Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. I always buy the manuals and do all of
my own service. KIA informs me that they are no longer available in print,
BUT, available for free on the internet. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD. All this
news comes, by the way, on my birthday.

Ivan Vegvary
age 67

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:51:26 -0800, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

SWMBO and I decided on a car, and purchased it. 2008 Kia Rondo. 37k miles.
We have the remainder of the 60K, 5 year warranty. The 10 year 100k mile
power train warranty is not transferable (contrary to popular myth).

Car is very quiet and fairly soft-riding. That was our main criteria. BTW,
it is a small SUV. 20-26 mpg. I can always beat the EPA estimates,
especially on the highway end.

BONUS !! Called Kia Customer Service to buy a Shop Manual along with their
Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. I always buy the manuals and do all of
my own service. KIA informs me that they are no longer available in print,
BUT, available for free on the internet. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD. All this
news comes, by the way, on my birthday.

Ivan Vegvary
age 67

Happy birthday youngster!!!!

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 21, 2:51*pm, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
SWMBO and I decided on a car, and purchased it. *2008 Kia Rondo. *37k miles.
We have the remainder of the 60K, 5 *year warranty. *The 10 year 100k mile
power train warranty is not transferable (contrary to popular myth).

Car is very quiet and fairly soft-riding. *That was our main criteria. *BTW,
it is a small SUV. *20-26 mpg. *I can always beat the EPA estimates,
especially on the highway end.

BONUS !! *Called Kia Customer Service to buy a Shop Manual along with their
Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. *I always buy the manuals and do all of
my own service. *KIA informs me that they are no longer available in print,
BUT, available for free on the internet. *WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD. *All this
news comes, by the way, on my birthday.

Ivan Vegvary
age 67

Please note that the 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty on emissions
equipment is still in effect for you....

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
SWMBO and I decided on a car, and purchased it. 2008 Kia Rondo. 37k
miles. We have the remainder of the 60K, 5 year warranty. The 10 year
100k mile power train warranty is not transferable (contrary to popular
myth).

Car is very quiet and fairly soft-riding. That was our main criteria.
BTW, it is a small SUV. 20-26 mpg. I can always beat the EPA
estimates, especially on the highway end.

BONUS !! Called Kia Customer Service to buy a Shop Manual along with
their Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. I always buy the manuals and
do all of my own service. KIA informs me that they are no longer
available in print, BUT, available for free on the internet. WHAT A
WONDERFUL WORLD. All this news comes, by the way, on my birthday.

Ivan Vegvary
age 67

Well done and Happy Birthday, Ivan!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:

BONUS !! Called Kia Customer Service to buy a Shop Manual along with their
Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. I always buy the manuals and do all of
my own service. KIA informs me that they are no longer available in print,
BUT, available for free on the internet. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD. All this
news comes, by the way, on my birthday.

That is awesome. Right after I bought my Saturn SL1 '01, I spent $169.34 for the factory
set of manuals. They have been worth it.

Happy Birty day Ivan!

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SWMBO and I decided on a car, and purchased it. 2008 Kia Rondo. 37k
miles.

I thought you mowed your lawn.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SWMBO and I decided on a car, and purchased it. 2008 Kia Rondo. 37k miles.
We have the remainder of the 60K, 5 year warranty. The 10 year 100k mile
power train warranty is not transferable (contrary to popular myth).

Car is very quiet and fairly soft-riding. That was our main criteria. BTW,
it is a small SUV. 20-26 mpg. I can always beat the EPA estimates,
especially on the highway end.

BONUS !! Called Kia Customer Service to buy a Shop Manual along with their
Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. I always buy the manuals and do all of
my own service. KIA informs me that they are no longer available in print,
BUT, available for free on the internet.

When I was choosing between an Outback and a Rav4, complete service
manuals for either were $500! One of the things that pushed me toward
the Rav was that there was a full copy of its manuals floating around
on the web. Another was that Auto Engenuity had better support for
Toyota.

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD. All this
news comes, by the way, on my birthday.

Ivan Vegvary
age 67

Cool. You might check these out if you haven't already.
http://www.scangauge.com/ It's fascinating to see instantaneous
mileage drop from 29 at highway speed on pavement, to 7 at low speed
on steep dirt, and how that can drive the trip average down 5mpg in
just 35 miles. The unit is nicely customizable and makes a good quicky
code reader too. Shop around, IIRC I paid $125, but that was more than
a year ago.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Wayne, thanks for the thoughtful note.
How difficult was it to install the Scangauge? While KIA does offer
something similar (not the code reader function) it is a feature that is not
included in my stripped down model. I would like to have it? Are the
instructions good enough (car model specific) so I can find all the hook-up
points?

Thanks again,

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:47:56 -0800, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

The Scangauge connects to the OBD port, which is probably down low
under your steering wheel or thereabouts. It's a big socket and it's
meant to be accessible, so it should be easy to find.
http://www.scangauge.com/support/faq.shtml#22 The other end of the
cable connects to the unit with a CAT5-type connector (looks like a
larger version of a telephone connector). There are two sockets on the
unit, one on the back, and one on the end. Use whichever works best
for you. The unit comes with some self-adhesive velcro. I velcroed a
small block of wood to the top of my steering column, and velcroed the
unit to the wood so that's just high enough but doesn't block the
odometer display. I connected the cable to the back of the unit and
routed the wire under dash plastic so that it's pretty much invisible.
Some people mount the units on the rearview mirror, dash, etc. The
display shows four items of your choice at once, so there's seldom a
need to mess with it while driving. But occasionally you might want to
change parameters on the fly, so it's good if you can reach it easily.
Try not to use the spot you'll want later for your GPS or MP3 player
or whatever. :-)

Wayne

What I found under the ivy... eden UK diy 25 May 6th 09 08:40 PM
I've found it ARWadsworth UK diy 4 December 18th 07 01:39 AM
Now I've found one... Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 8 June 8th 07 09:44 PM
03/17/07 Reuters: Two bodies found in Mosul: The bodies of two men and two women were found in various districts of Mosul on Friday. Two infants were found alive beside the two dead women, police said. BGKM Woodworking 0 March 17th 07 08:14 PM
Have I found Him? Robert Swinney Metalworking 16 July 16th 05 12:31 PM