DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Market rallies on speculation of Brown win (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/296496-re-market-rallies-speculation-brown-win.html)

Ed Huntress January 20th 10 02:24 AM

Market rallies on speculation of Brown win

"Burled Frau" wrote in message
Health care leads stocks higher

The Dow jumps 116. IBM beats Street estimates, but shares drop.

Health care shares rise as traders see the GOP winning the Massachusetts
senatorial election.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com..._blg=1,1562313

Hee-HAW!

"Merck (MRK) was up 2.9% to $40.62 and was the top performer among the 30
Dow stocks. Pfizer (PFE) was up 2.6% to $20, and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
rose 1.2% to $65.35.

"Health insurer Aetna (AET) jumped 4.2% to $32.66; Coventry Health (CVH) was
up 6% to $26.71. Humana (HUM) added 7.1% to $51.94."

It's Katie-Bar-The-Doors, here come the big bonuses in Big Pharma and
Insurance!

Thanks, Brown voters. Now the *******s really have us by the balls. There's
NOTHING to stop them from squeezing us until we scream now.

The only people who won't get hurt are the welfare queens, like Gunner, who
get their healthcare on the taxpayer's tab.

--
Ed Huntress

Burled Frau January 20th 10 02:47 AM

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

[...]

Damn straight. I wonder what it would feel like to be a fly on the wall
****ting on Pelosi's head. d8-)'

Too_Many_Tools January 20th 10 05:22 AM

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com.../market-dispat...

Hee-HAW!

"Merck (MRK) was up 2.9% to $40.62 and was the top performer among the 30
Dow stocks. Pfizer (PFE) was up 2.6% to $20, and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
rose 1.2% to $65.35.

"Health insurer Aetna (AET) jumped 4.2% to $32.66; Coventry Health (CVH) was
up 6% to $26.71. *Humana (HUM) added 7.1% to $51.94."

It's Katie-Bar-The-Doors, here come the big bonuses in Big Pharma and
Insurance!

Thanks, Brown voters. Now the *******s really have us by the balls. There's
NOTHING to stop them from squeezing us until we scream now.

The only people who won't get hurt are the welfare queens, like Gunner, who
get their healthcare on the taxpayer's tab.

--
Ed Huntress

Correct.

Actually Gunner will be affected sooner than later.

If medical costs are not contained, the welfare cases like Gunner will
see their care curtailed as funding is pulled.

Medicare, VA benefits...all public medical programs will suffer as
costs rise.

The win tonight reminds me of the saying "Be careful what you wish
for".

Now the Republicans actually have to have an alternative to the
Democratic plan instead of being just the Party of No.

It can be a bitch to have to be productive.

Especially when the elections of 2010 are coming.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools January 20th 10 05:24 AM

On Jan 19, 8:47*pm, "Burled Frau" wrote:
[...]

****ting on Pelosi's head. d8-)'- Hide quoted text -

Probably like being the crabs that George Bush has.

TMT