Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DRO

If you are looking for a low cost high tech DRO take a look at this
http://www.shumatech.com/web/products/dro-550/power-buy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ralph wrote:
If you are looking for a low cost high tech DRO take a look at this
http://www.shumatech.com/web/products/dro-550/power-buy

I'll second that suggestion . I bought and built the DRO 350 , and wish
I'd waited . The new 550 has more features and functions , with less work to
build , and at a lower cost .
I now have just over 300 bucks in mine including scales and cables , and
it does most everything the commercial offerings do for three times that .
If I hadn't been laid off last week , I'd be ordering one !
--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:59:56 -0600, Ralph
wrote:

If you are looking for a low cost high tech DRO take a look at this
http://www.shumatech.com/web/products/dro-550/power-buy

What do scales cost? I don't see them listed on your web site?

RWL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

If you are looking for a low cost high tech DRO take a look at this
http://www.shumatech.com/web/products/dro-550/power-buy

What do scales cost? I don't see them listed on your web site?

RWL

I am not connected with Shumatech whatsoever. I did build the older
model about 4 years ago and it works very good with HF calipers as
scales. The new model should work with most calipers or glass scales.My
complete unit (3 scales ) and HF scales cost $225.00
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

If you are looking for a low cost high tech DRO take a look at this
http://www.shumatech.com/web/products/dro-550/power-buy

What do scales cost? I don't see them listed on your web site?

RWL

That's not his website . I got my scales on ebay , 24" for X cost me
around 80 bucks , 8" for Y was around 35 . I used a cheapy digital caliper
for my Z scale .
Cables will supply power to the scales in addition to carrying signals to
the box . Standard plugs into the box are the same plug used for S-video
connections . Most people solder the other end to the terminal pads on the
scale since plugs are hard to find and rarely work well .
--
Snag
Mine's the

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default NAMES is almost here !!!

Hey All,

I'm off to help set up as a Volunteer for NAMES next weekend. Hope to
see lots of you there !!!

http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com/

Cheap tickets, free seminars, free hand-outs, free parking. (this
year), plus it's a really great show.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

ps...page me when you come, and we'll have a coffee.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Happy Mother's Day

Hey All,

It's that simple....just a well wishing