Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3-D prototyping printer?

Red Eye does stuff like that

http://redeyeondemand.com/CurrentIssue.aspx#2

Here's a full size turboprop engine model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALA2Gp59_IM

Bob S

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:57:56 -0600, "amdx" wrote:

"DaveC" wrote in message
al-september.org...
I remember seeing a web page describing a process that deposited (sprayed?)
material (plastic?) to build up a CAD design so that in the end you have a
3-D prototype of your design.

Basically, a CNC machine that adds material, not takes it away.

Can someone point me to a web reference of this type of machine?

Thanks,
Dave

Jay Leno discusses a system.
http://widgets.nbc.com/o/47f1317f105...a4377d3bfd6c81