DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Totally OT '65 Ford F100 question (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/292802-re-totally-ot-65-ford-f100-question.html)

Larry Jaques November 28th 09 05:40 PM

Totally OT '65 Ford F100 question

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:06:54 -0700, the infamous Steve Ackman
scrawled the following:

[x-posted to rcm where the odds of a solution are probably higher]

In , on
Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:08:53 -0800 (PST), bernie, wrote:
I'm looking for a source for the short hose that connects the
transmission cooler line to the hard line on a '65 F100. I believe it
is a formed hose. The diameter is 5/8". I can find everything else in
the world for this truck except the one part that is pouring coolant
all over the yard. Tried to make up a hose, but the radius of the
turns seems too much to keep from kinking the dang thing.

Bernie

Call Gates/Grainger/Ford and see if they have a number for it and
order it.

My first pickup was a '61 F-100.

Fond memories:

1) Taking it flying off the little motocross jumps on the cliffs
overlooking the Mayfair market in Vista, CA. with my MX buddies. I did
that with my '62 Corvair convertibles, too.

2) Driving (drunk, unfortunately) across the Carlsbad Raceway
motocross track the day before a race with a big, shiny SS hot dog
steamer in the bed, heading for my friend's concession stand.

3) NOT having to find strange coolant lines because it was a manual
tranny. titter

4) Standing next to the engine (either side) while doing tune-ups
because there was all that room under tha hood.

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.