DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anyone heard of a Yamazan Lancer Lathe? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/292739-re-anyone-heard-yamazan-lancer-lathe.html)

DT November 27th 09 04:10 PM

Anyone heard of a Yamazan Lancer Lathe?

In article ,
says...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Lancer#

Photos I just ran out and took.

That's interesting that the lock is on the back side of the tailstock.
Maybe it's a left handed lathe.

--
Dennis

David Billington November 27th 09 05:48 PM

DT wrote:
In article ,
says...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Lancer#

Photos I just ran out and took.

That's interesting that the lock is on the back side of the tailstock.
Maybe it's a left handed lathe.

I don't think that is at all unusual, both my Kerry 1140 and Harrison
M300 have the same arrangement with both the tailstock and quill locking
handles on the back.

Gunner Asch[_5_] November 27th 09 10:15 PM

Anyone heard of a Yamazan Lancer Lathe?

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:10:21 -0500, DT
wrote:

In article ,
says...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Lancer#

Photos I just ran out and took.

That's interesting that the lock is on the back side of the tailstock.
Maybe it's a left handed lathe.

Lock?

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Gunner Asch[_5_] November 28th 09 01:12 AM

Anyone heard of a Yamazan Lancer Lathe?

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:48:12 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

DT wrote:
In article ,
says...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Lancer#

Photos I just ran out and took.

That's interesting that the lock is on the back side of the tailstock.
Maybe it's a left handed lathe.

I don't think that is at all unusual, both my Kerry 1140 and Harrison
M300 have the same arrangement with both the tailstock and quill locking
handles on the back.

As do both of my Hardinges. One English, one US.

And my Clausing 1501..definately US made.

About the only lathes that I can think of that have the locks on the
front..is Logan and most South Bends.