DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   One of the the Great Cullers Got Culled (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/291608-re-one-great-cullers-got-culled.html)

William Wixon November 11th 09 10:16 PM

One of the the Great Cullers Got Culled

"Hawke" wrote in message

Actually, there isn't much thinkin' that has gone into it. It's more about
wishin'. You'll notice that nobody but Goober has had this premonition of
a culling of liberals to come some time in the future. Clearly, it's a
figment of his imagination. Which makes me think I know the solution to
his problems. He needs to become a writer. He's good at making things up
and imagining all kinds of stuff. The perfect way to put that to use is to
write fiction. Come to think of it, he's been doing that here for years.
Maybe now he can put all his dreaming into a book and get him out of
poverty. He can write a book of fiction where the conservatives get
everything right and make America great again. I did say fiction.

Hawke

your post reminded me of this...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...sci_fi_channel

(it's an onion.com comedy piece "What Would Happen If Germany Lost War".)
(this is not a response to this thread, only just the above post reminded me
of it. something i just happened to come across while surfing. seemed
funny to me when i read it.)

David R.Birch November 12th 09 01:58 AM

William Wixon wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

"The Man in the High Castle", a Hugo winner for Philip K. Dick, with
the USA divided at the Mississippi, Germans in charge in the east,
Japanese in the west.

David

Joe November 12th 09 02:47 PM

One of the the Great Cullers Got Culled

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:58:28 -0600, "David R.Birch"
wrote:

William Wixon wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

PK Dick - one of my favorite authors. That was a great book. Before I
read it, I had read a short story by Cyril Kornbluth called "Two
Dooms", that covered the same theme, and was written in the late 40s
(I think). The protagonist had apprehensions about his work on the
Manhattan Project; by failing to carry through with his research, he
allowed history to change. You ought to check it out as well.

Joe