Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An OT FS, Feinwerkbau Model 65 target pistol, .177

Really OT to the group, but I know there's some shooters here.
I'm selling my Feinwerkbau model 65. I have the manual. It has a couple
slight scratches on top of the receiver. It's also missing one grip
screw, this is how it came to me, never got around to looking for
another screw. There's supposed to be a small plate you can screw to the
spring piston housing that prevents the anti-recoil action. This along
with another adjustment that raises trigger pull to 1360 grams,
simulates centerfire pistol training. It would be an easy item to make.
It does not have the palm shelf. It's not missing, these grips just
don't have provisions for the shelf.

Outside of these minor issues, it really looks good. And, it shoots even
better. If you miss the target and want to know why, go look in the
mirror, it certainly isn't the pistol.... This really is an Olympic
class target pistol. Trigger is -sweet-.

I'm selling for two reasons. First, I don't intend to buy an expensive
safe to store this in Australia, nor go through the registration
paperwork and associated hassles. My eyesight isn't that great anymore
and it's accuracy is thus diminished.

Second, I'm replacing my wife's wedding band. I made our wedding bands
out of titanium, not knowing anything about alloys used in rings. I had
commercially pure Ti, and it won't hold a polish at all. So thanks to
Kmart's generous 70% off sales, I got a really nice ring set she can be
proud of.

I did a bit of hunting on Google, looks like they go for $450 to $600 or
so. (sold for about a grand new) I'm asking $450, will certainly
entertain offers. Just looking to cover the cost of the rings. Thought
I'd offer it here before I go register with some of the sites I've found
them being sold.

I'll try to get some pictures up online by tomorrow. But here's a page
with the model 65 pictured with the grips it's fitted with.
http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spfwb65.htm

Jon

Muzzleloading Pistol Doug[_7_] Metalworking 4 May 31st 08 05:21 PM
PISTOL CROSSBOW J T Woodworking 2 August 28th 07 08:22 PM
I PISTOL WHIPPED A KITTEN Kendra Weissbein Home Repair 1 June 15th 07 01:16 AM
PISTOL CROSSBOW J T Woodworking 2 April 13th 07 03:42 AM
Pistol Range Box Plans Frank S. Woodworking 9 January 17th 05 10:13 PM