Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default klixon thermal protectors "scarcer than hens teeth", even HARDERthan that to find...

need one, can't find, no hits, dead ends, 'contact the distributor',
inquiries sent, distributors don't reply, must want to sell 'only in
multiples of hundreds or better', can find no 'these guys are klixon
dealers' list on the sensata site...

it's all "very hush-hush" or something

need a CGA36SA (yeah, know the number by heart now, been sending so many
inquiries...

need to go out and bang head against wall

woe is me :-(

thanks, from your friend,

"the thermally unprotected one"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

dave wrote:
need one, ...

Let's step back to see the bigger picture & ask why you need one. Maybe
there's another answer.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

dave wrote:
need one, ...

Let's step back to see the bigger picture & ask why you need one. Maybe
there's another answer.

And Klixon is a brand name, but their patent ran out long ago, and there
are lots of equivalents available.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 31, 3:26*pm, dave wrote:

need a CGA36SA (yeah, know the number by heart now, been sending so many
inquiries...

"the thermally unprotected one"

Consider getting the unwanted microwave oven. They have a thermal
protector in line with the line cord. I do not know the temperature
at which they cut off the power, but might be what you want. I have
at least one I could send you. You can find microwave ovens for no
cost at freecycle.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

dave wrote:

need one, can't find, no hits, dead ends, 'contact the distributor',
inquiries sent, distributors don't reply, must want to sell 'only in
multiples of hundreds or better', can find no 'these guys are klixon
dealers' list on the sensata site...

it's all "very hush-hush" or something

need a CGA36SA (yeah, know the number by heart now, been sending so many
inquiries...

need to go out and bang head against wall

woe is me :-(

thanks, from your friend,

"the thermally unprotected one"

How about telling us what it's used for? Is it a thermal overload,
motor starter, or what?

I found the TI/Klixon web page on the wayback machine, and there is
no CGA series listed on the archives I looked at.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/klixon.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Please give us some more information. What kind of device
are you protecting? I do some refrigeration, and we use
Klixon protectors.

Please tell us the type of device, and anything that might
be on the name plate. Volts, amps, phase, LRA, FLA, that
kind of thing.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dave" wrote in message
need one, can't find, no hits, dead ends, 'contact the
distributor',
inquiries sent, distributors don't reply, must want to sell
'only in
multiples of hundreds or better', can find no 'these guys
are klixon
dealers' list on the sensata site...

it's all "very hush-hush" or something

need a CGA36SA (yeah, know the number by heart now, been
sending so many
inquiries...

need to go out and bang head against wall

woe is me :-(

thanks, from your friend,

"the thermally unprotected one"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
dave wrote:
need one, ...

Let's step back to see the bigger picture & ask why you need one. Maybe
there's another answer.

Bob

Compressor motor.
Please see thread:
"freakin' compressor motor's ALREADY krapped out, and only 34 yrs old...."

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:26:01 -0400, dave
wrote:

need one, can't find, no hits, dead ends, 'contact the distributor',
inquiries sent, distributors don't reply, must want to sell 'only in
multiples of hundreds or better', can find no 'these guys are klixon
dealers' list on the sensata site...

it's all "very hush-hush" or something

need a CGA36SA (yeah, know the number by heart now, been sending so many
inquiries...

need to go out and bang head against wall

woe is me :-(

thanks, from your friend,

"the thermally unprotected one"

Thermodisc...
http://www.tod.com/searchProducts.as...TechnologyID=1

or Supco
http://www.supco.com/ProductCatalog.htm

Grainger has a pretty good selection on page 3826.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Who did you try ?

IIRC, They are TI products - or used to be.

Looks like they were bought out or sold off.

What are you looking for other than the number.

I have a number in the shop. Part numbers change when
companies change.

Martin

dave wrote:
need one, can't find, no hits, dead ends, 'contact the distributor',
inquiries sent, distributors don't reply, must want to sell 'only in
multiples of hundreds or better', can find no 'these guys are klixon
dealers' list on the sensata site...

it's all "very hush-hush" or something

need a CGA36SA (yeah, know the number by heart now, been sending so many
inquiries...

need to go out and bang head against wall

woe is me :-(

thanks, from your friend,

"the thermally unprotected one"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Picture ? I have a number in the file drawer.
I have no idea what they are without looking.

I have glass precision and metal can with leads...

Martin

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Please give us some more information. What kind of device
are you protecting? I do some refrigeration, and we use
Klixon protectors.

Please tell us the type of device, and anything that might
be on the name plate. Volts, amps, phase, LRA, FLA, that
kind of thing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
dave wrote:
need one, ...

Let's step back to see the bigger picture & ask why you need one. Maybe
there's another answer.

Bob

Compressor motor.
Please see thread:
"freakin' compressor motor's ALREADY krapped out, and only 34 yrs old...."

--Winston

That thread was about a CGJ36SA, not a CGA36SA. He found a source for
the CGJ36SA but he didn't want to spend $24.

http://www.carbonbrush.com/klixonCEandCG.htm It is in the ninth
drop down menu.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Can't do much with that lack of information.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in
message

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Please give us some more information. What kind of device
are you protecting? I do some refrigeration, and we use
Klixon protectors.

Please tell us the type of device, and anything that might
be on the name plate. Volts, amps, phase, LRA, FLA, that
kind of thing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default klixon thermal protectors - my "official" jumper wire is installednow...(pix too, as usual)

dave wrote:
need one, can't find, no hits, dead ends, 'contact the distributor',

blah

"the thermally unprotected one"

I must NOT'VE "known the part number by heart" all that well after all,
because, as mike terrell said, I've been 'moaning about' two different
part numbers. sorry, getting senile. it actually has ONE part number,
the one I first mentioned. so I've posted site with pix of the actual
NASTY thing ITSELF, and you guys can see the "fat white" jumper wire I
bypassed it with here, too :-)

http://machines.2x.nu/klixon_cgj36sa_unit_still_bad/
klixon_CGJ36SA_unit_still_bad

yeah, looks like I might have to break down, and spend the 24 smackers
('specially seeing as the distributors klixon sent me to wanted 75
smackers PLUS shipping for the things)

but, you know, I can always get a 'new' compressor, that looks like this
one (actually IS this one), with a 5 hp "cap start, cap run" motor on it
"that was new recently" per the guy, for 75 smackers...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ompressor1.jpg

ahh, well...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

dave wrote:

(...)

but, you know, I can always get a 'new' compressor, that looks like this
one (actually IS this one), with a 5 hp "cap start, cap run" motor on it
"that was new recently" per the guy, for 75 smackers...

Over on my side, an arsonist is torching cars.
Some of these cars are very close to flammable objects
like trees and houses and people.

It's only a matter of time before someone is killed,
or worse.

It is very distracting.

What were you saying about bypassing the safety device
on that motor again?

--Winston

--

On YouTube, all the tools have volume controls.