Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Buy 5052 H38 alum sheet , tapered rollers for airplane hub

Plenty of commerce in USA , so why cant i spend

some bucks and get some aluminum shipped ?

I've got many practical designs for airplane .

i'll probably go for a single 75" four blade prop and

3 wings , that fold fwd . Frame cant be riveted aluminum

for the stress points . such as landing gear . too much

weight , to spread out into an alum frame .

brazed bicycle method can take a 10,000 jolt on

landing . Alum cant .

cycling steel back and forth , but less than 44,000 psi

it will never fail . Alum will fail , at any small lload .

That stress maybe 122 million cycles , but it will fail .

Steel wont . Even 87,000 psi UTS tubing , cycled at

30,000 psi , will NEVER fail . Alum will !

Old steel framed bicycles were lighter and stronger

than todays alum frames .

Longevity-inc is on the skids , they pay the companies

owners $4000 net , a year .

their welders dont weld .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

10 to 1, a buffalo nickel says it will never happen.
This guy doesn't have it in him to build and fly an airplane.

I don't want to be anywhere near his first test flight.

Wes

EAA member since 1987
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

10 to 1, a buffalo nickel says it will never happen.
This guy doesn't have it in him to build and fly an airplane.

I don't want to be anywhere near his first test flight.

Wes

EAA member since 1987
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

It will never come to that (fortunately).

My EAA number is low 5 digits!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

It will never come to that (fortunately).

My EAA number is low 5 digits!

288xxx
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

It will never come to that (fortunately).

My EAA number is low 5 digits!

288xxx

262xx