Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "YOU LIE"...An Typical Example of What Is Wrong With The Republican Cult And Its Followers

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
news
Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"nobody" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:46:47 -0700 (PDT), Tater Gumfries
wrote:

On Sep 10, 7:28 am, Harry Nadds wrote:
On Sep 10, 8:01 am, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

WASHINGTON - Democrats and Republicans alike are denouncing Rep.
Joe Wilson for shouting "You lie" at President Barack Obama
during his speech to Congress, an extraordinary breach of
decorum for which the South Carolina Republican swiftly
apologized.

Was Hussein lying??

You mean president Obama? No, there is indeed a provision in the
law that only legal US citizens can get this care.

Please cite where citizenship must be shown to get coverage. It is
my understanding the Republicans proposed this and the Dems removed
it.

It's not that simple. Illegals are prohibited from getting the
subsidies for low-income uninsured. But the rest of it depends on
how the proposals are sorted out in the final bill. With rare
exceptions, illegals won't get a penny of the federal money but
they can buy insurance.

Here's the most succinct explanation of it that I've seen:

http://prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.c...e-legislation/

Wilson is basically full of crap, because he knew the subject was
the *subsidized* part of the program. That's where all of the
discussion and argument has been.

He also knows that when people show up in hospital emergency rooms
they get
treated - illegal or otherwise - because Americans, for the most
part, won't
sit still for letting people just die. It happens, but not as a
matter of course or policy.

Yeah, that was going to be the next step. g

Maybe Larry can have someone show up packin' to "guide them with a firmer
hand" or something.

I did a dial poll last night in Orange county Ed.
Hard core Republican's to a man and you should have seen the reaction.
The body language didn't just indicate a case of "bad judgment", most of
the
group appeared genuinely repulsed.
All except four out of twenty three. Those Bozo's dialed up a home run.
The
rest were at about 20, down from 65.

I don't know what the public feeds showed but we heard everything Milbank
discussed in his article.

"When Obama addressed the charge that he plans "panels of bureaucrats
with
the power to kill off senior citizens," someone on the GOP side shouted
out
"shame!" The president went on: "Such a charge would be laughable if it
weren't so cynical." "Read the bill!" someone shouted back. Obama
mentioned
those who accuse him of a government takeover of health care. "It's true,"
someone shouted back .... "

--
John R. Carroll

If Obama takes advantage of that speech, he should be able to marginalize
those buttheads like he did before the election.

The instant polls indicate he scored big:

"Polls show Obama won big time

(Kansas City Star Editorial Page)

"Two polls that matter show President Barack Obama had a strong showing with
the American people Wednesday night.

"His passionate speech on the absolute need for health care reform resonated
with many.

"-- The CBS News poll said Obama's approval rating soared from 62 percent to
69 percent after the speech.

"-- A CNN poll said 68 percent of its respondents gave a thumbs up to the
speech. Only 8 percent were negative.

Now we'll see what the big polls say in a few days' time.

If you saw Dowd's column yesterday, I think she put the situation exactly
right: Obama had them down on their backs last spring, and "...when you've
got the mojo, you have to keep your foot on your opponent's neck" --
figuratively speaking, of course. d8-) My guess is that it's no more Mr.
Nice Guy when he's playing with the reactionaries, of either party.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

If Obama takes advantage of that speech, he should be able to
marginalize those buttheads like he did before the election.

It's gotten bigger than that because this was the most public example of a
huge number of gaf's.
VA has had Macaca II, Vitter gots his Ho', Palin's "Death Panels", and the
list just goes on and on.

The marginalization of the Republican party will complete itself next
November when the white trash line up solidly behind their Republicans and
the rest of the country dumps a load of crap on the rest.
It's a shame in some cases. About 20 percent of elected Republicans are
going to be tarred with the K00k brush no matter what they do.
It won't be the real crackers that get dumped, it will be those moderates.

A year is a long time in politics but I see no movement away from the nutjob
wing of the Republican party.
Just the opposite.

If you saw Dowd's column yesterday, I think she put the situation
exactly right: Obama had them down on their backs last spring, and
"...when you've got the mojo, you have to keep your foot on your
opponent's neck" -- figuratively speaking, of course. d8-) My guess
is that it's no more Mr. Nice Guy when he's playing with the
reactionaries, of either party.

I didn't see that but agree.

--
John R. Carroll