DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Attn: Bill Noble, Cole Drill Copy in dropbox. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/286709-attn-bill-noble-cole-drill-copy-dropbox.html)

Glenn Lyford September 10th 09 04:09 AM

Attn: Bill Noble, Cole Drill Copy in dropbox.

Bill Noble asked for pictures and markings for a Cole-style drill I
have, way back in May. I've finally posted them to the dropbox, like
so:

http://metalworking.com/Dropbox/ColeCopy.txt
http://metalworking.com/Dropbox/ColeCopy1.jpg
http://metalworking.com/Dropbox/ColeCopy2.jpg

Reads "LITTLE GIANT" on one side, "WM F ELKINS JR" on the other, no
other markings. I know it's not the only one as there are pictures of
another like it out there on the 'net...

--Glenn, Lyford

Bill Noble[_2_] September 10th 09 06:20 AM

Bill Noble, Cole Drill Copy in dropbox.

very interesting, thanks
I'll send you some photos of the drill my friend has via direct email - so
we can both compare....

Glenn Lyford September 10th 09 01:37 PM

Bill Noble, Cole Drill Copy in dropbox.

I'll send you some photos of the drill my friend has via direct email - so
we can both compare....

Interesting that the head and table is almost exactly the same, yet
the handle is quite different (looks like mine was designed to use
less material--straight and a thin "+" cross-section--compared to the
classic "S" of the genuine article, which as I understand evolved as a
way to control shrink cracks in castings). Even the vee block (which
I don't have, but is included in the other pictures I found) is the
same shape as the Cole.
--Glenn Lyford