DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Info on lever operated compound lock mod? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/283876-info-lever-operated-compound-lock-mod.html)

Louis Ohland August 6th 09 05:04 AM

Info on lever operated compound lock mod?

While working on the compound clamp mod, I came across the compound
lock, where a lever operated cam fixes the compound in place, instead of
having to loosen the clamp bolts.

Any pics or drawings?

RBnDFW August 7th 09 11:13 PM

Louis Ohland wrote:
While working on the compound clamp mod, I came across the compound
lock, where a lever operated cam fixes the compound in place, instead of
having to loosen the clamp bolts.

Any pics or drawings?

Louis, there are lots of plans online for building a tailstock
lever-lock for several chinese lathes.
The compound locks I've seen looked like a variation of the same principle

http://www.google.com/search?q=tails...ient=firefox-a

Mark Rand August 8th 09 05:57 PM

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 23:04:00 -0500, Louis Ohland wrote:

While working on the compound clamp mod, I came across the compound
lock, where a lever operated cam fixes the compound in place, instead of
having to loosen the clamp bolts.

Any pics or drawings?

Pages 4 and 8 :-

http://www.csparks.com/hardinge/PartsList/index.html