DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GOP could block clunkers cash (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/283807-re-gop-could-block-clunkers-cash.html)

Jim Yanik August 5th 09 01:54 PM

GOP could block clunkers cash

robert bowman wrote in
:

Curly Surmudgeon wrote:

Not a "perfectly good older one" but a "clunker." Â*Ergo the name
"Cash for Clunkers". Â*It must be less than 25 years old, get less
than 19 mpg, have been owned and insured for 12 months with a 10mpg
improvement.

That covers about every two year old SUV on the planet. otoh, I doubt
many people tooling around in their 1985 Oldsmobiles laying down a
cloud of smoke from the 500 miles per quart oil consumption and the
worn out 4 barrel will take advantage of the plan. I see it as a great
way for people to unload the Navigator they can't really afford and
get into a Toyota.

why?
they'd probably get more than $4500 on a trade-in for the Navigator.
(or any "two year old SUV")

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik