DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cap-and-trade (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/283150-re-cap-trade.html)

William Wixon July 27th 09 04:14 AM

cap-and-trade

"D Murphy" wrote in message

No I'm not. The bulk of the crude oil we use goes into transportation
and currently there's no way to switch over to electricity. So build
all the electrical capacity you want and it won't change crude oil
consumption a bit.

Until electric cars are mandated.

While you are busy stealing my liberty, can you mandate some new
technology that will allow me to drive 600 miles in a full size safe car
withour haveing to stop every 50 miles to charge it up for six hours?

wondering what's your view on the idea that there's a limited supply of oil.
if you believe there's a limited supply of oil what's your suggestion for an
alternative for transportation.

b.w.

(i'm thinking you'll be long dead before the oil runs out but at some point
americans are going to end up driving tiny little lightweight tin can
electric cars that can only go 50 miles before a recharge. or horses?)