DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lincoln TIG welder trouble -- no HF (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/282819-re-lincoln-tig-welder-trouble-no-hf.html)

Ignoramus19289 July 21st 09 02:49 PM

Lincoln TIG welder trouble -- no HF

On 2009-07-21, John L. Weatherly wrote:
Ignoramus17892 wrote:

This is a Lincoln Idealarc 250 TIG AC/DC welder.

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...250-Manual.pdf

After rewiring it from 460 to 230 volts, at first it seemed to work
great, as evidenced by stick welding.

However, further testing revealed that there is NO high frequency
output. I checked the spark gap and it is about what it should be,
which is .040. When HF is turned on, there is no arcing activity at
all in the spark gap and no characteristic noise.

I am, obviously, withdrawing my for sale offer until further notice.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

I have a Lincoln TIG 300/300. I had no HF & it ended up being the relay.

OK... I will look today with a printed manual in hand... Any sort of a
relay should be easily replaceable. I will not presume too much from
the beginning.