Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Liability & responsibility of electrician?

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Then the various Licensed Electricians who installed machines etc over
the years at the factory I finished tearing down yesterday were all
doing it illegally. 75,000 sq ft and no grounds in any of the
boxes/runs.

California btw..Anaheim.

When I was studying for ASP (Associate Safety Professional), one guy took me
under his wing. He said I needed four things to buffalo the crap out of any
business owner. First, a plug in circuit tester, second, an audiometer,
third, a clipboard, and fourth, a very authentic hard plastic or laminated
ID. Plastic mounted on chest, laminated on neck lanyard.

At least 25%, and much higher in many locations had the wires on any box you
tested run incorrectly. Testing a few of these put the employer on the
defensive. Sound levels were almost always over the 85 db OSHA standards,
but it was not necessary to explain that it would take many hours at that
level to harm hearing. Hardly anybody wants to challenge a person with a
clipboard, badge, or laminated ID in a neck lanyard.

You can just walk around any business with these items, and I will guarantee
you will having people run into themselves within ten minutes.

And then you say, "But I know how to fix these things and keep you in OSHA
compliance."

For a fee, of course.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 15:06:45 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

[...]

Thats Cold ....really cold dude.

And 100% correct.

Fortunately I dont have to resort to that sort of thing..but with the
oncoming Depression...I have spotted a few Liberal organizations I might
consider visiting with the tools mentioned VEG

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:15:57 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:

[...]

Cold calls - the hardest form of salesmanship, but sometimes the
most rewarding.

And 100% correct.

It's no brag if you can do it. Now where did I put that hard
hat?

Fortunately I dont have to resort to that sort of thing..but with the
oncoming Depression...I have spotted a few Liberal organizations I might
consider visiting with the tools mentioned VEG

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!