DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FS: Dayton variable speed drive (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/282634-fs-dayton-variable-speed-drive.html)

Al A. July 18th 09 03:47 PM

FS: Dayton variable speed drive

1/2 HP Grainger/Dayton adjustable speed drive. 115/230V single phase
motor driving a dual adjustable speed pulley setup, sort of like a mini
Bridgeport vari-speed head. Output speed from 705RPM to 4230 RPM, chosen
by a 14 turn hand crank with indicator dial.

Identical (except for color) to the one on Graingers website he

http://tinyurl.com/mbycm5

A few photos he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140012.jpg

Unit is used but fully functional. This spent it's life spinning a small
3-jaw chuck holding parts for a sort of deburring/beveling operation. I
had all sorts of plans for this, but I need space. Take a good look at
the specs and use your imagination!

Grainger used to get near 700 bucks for this. This is in my way. Make me
an offer(i'm pretty hard to insult), plus shipping from 01826. Available
for pickup if you happen to be passing through Dracut, MA.

Thanks,
Al

DoN. Nichols July 19th 09 03:20 AM

On 2009-07-18, AL A. wrote:
1/2 HP Grainger/Dayton adjustable speed drive. 115/230V single phase
motor driving a dual adjustable speed pulley setup, sort of like a mini
Bridgeport vari-speed head. Output speed from 705RPM to 4230 RPM, chosen
by a 14 turn hand crank with indicator dial.

[ ... ]

A few photos he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140012.jpg

Hmm ... Apparently, Comcast (or your news server) decided to
"protect your privacy" by snipping the middle out of the URLs, rendering
them useless.

Perhaps printing the first part (which they left alone) on one
line:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/

Then whatever was in "v4...e" on a second line,

And finally the various:

P4140010.jpg
P4140008.jpg
P4140007.jpg
P4140011.jpg
P4140012.jpg

on other lines, to allow us to glue everything back together.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Al A. July 19th 09 04:19 AM

FS: Dayton variable speed drive

DoN. Nichols wrote:
SNIP

Hmm ... Apparently, Comcast (or your news server) decided to
"protect your privacy" by snipping the middle out of the URLs, rendering
them useless.

Perhaps printing the first part (which they left alone) on one
line:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/

Then whatever was in "v4...e" on a second line,

And finally the various:

P4140010.jpg
P4140008.jpg
P4140007.jpg
P4140011.jpg
P4140012.jpg

on other lines, to allow us to glue everything back together.

Good Luck,
DoN.

ARRRRGG! got bitten by that again! Sorry about that. Let's try these:

http://tinyurl.com/lo7w4y
http://tinyurl.com/lplfng
http://tinyurl.com/myck4u
http://tinyurl.com/lcludo
http://tinyurl.com/luzpo3

Thanks for pointing that out, Don.

-Al

DoN. Nichols July 19th 09 04:46 AM

On 2009-07-19, AL A. wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:
SNIP

Hmm ... Apparently, Comcast (or your news server) decided to
"protect your privacy" by snipping the middle out of the URLs, rendering
them useless.

[ ... ]

ARRRRGG! got bitten by that again! Sorry about that. Let's try these:

I wasn't sure whether it was you last time or not. :-)

http://tinyurl.com/lo7w4y
http://tinyurl.com/lplfng
http://tinyurl.com/myck4u
http://tinyurl.com/lcludo
http://tinyurl.com/luzpo3

That works, too.

I do find myself wondering what the label partially hidden by
the motor mount bracket says. It only shows in one photo --
P4140011.jpg.

But in any case -- it looks too heavy and too large for what I
was thinking of using it for -- and *way* too much torque. :-)

Thanks for pointing that out, Don.

You're welcome.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Al A. July 19th 09 02:32 PM

On 2009-07-19, AL A. wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:
SNIP

I do find myself wondering what the label partially hidden by
the motor mount bracket says. It only shows in one photo --
P4140011.jpg.

But in any case -- it looks too heavy and too large for what I
was thinking of using it for -- and *way* too much torque. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

Don,
FYI, the partially hidden label has instructions for changing the
belt.

I did not know it was possible to have "too much" torque...
(heh)

--
Al

Joseph Gwinn July 19th 09 09:27 PM

FS: Dayton variable speed drive

In article ,

On 2009-07-18, AL A. wrote:
1/2 HP Grainger/Dayton adjustable speed drive. 115/230V single phase
motor driving a dual adjustable speed pulley setup, sort of like a mini
Bridgeport vari-speed head. Output speed from 705RPM to 4230 RPM, chosen
by a 14 turn hand crank with indicator dial.

[ ... ]

A few photos he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140012.jpg

Hmm ... Apparently, Comcast (or your news server) decided to
"protect your privacy" by snipping the middle out of the URLs, rendering
them useless.

I'm on Comcast, and this does not happen to me. More likely, it's the
newsreader that's helpfully abbreviating the URLs. Usually the
brackets will prevent the abbreviating.

Joe Gwinn

DoN. Nichols July 20th 09 04:25 AM

On 2009-07-19, AL A. wrote:

[ ... ]

Don,
FYI, the partially hidden label has instructions for changing the
belt.

O.K.

I did not know it was possible to have "too much" torque...
(heh)

When you're planning to hang it on a Taig -- just the weight
would topple the baseplate of the Taig. :-) Everything else seems to
have the motor that it needs.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564