Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - I still hate You, Sarah Palin

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ND ... cxMzhlNjU=

The Republicans bring a knife to a gunfight, and lose again.

By David Kahane

One of the most terrifying moments of my political life came last summer
at the Republican convention in St. Paul. No, I don’t mean seeing John
McCain careering around the Xcel Energy Center like Eyegore in Young
Frankenstein, his face frozen in a Lon Chaney Sr. rictus grin as he
reached across the aisle to his erstwhile friends in the media and got
his hand bitten off. Rather, I’m referring to the aftermath of Sarah
Palin’s outrageous acceptance speech, which whipped up the Rotary Club
delegates into a frenzy of white-boy fury that not even heckling by a
brave Code Pink embed could deter. Truly a fascist classic and one that
sent shivers down our collectivist spines.

Even worse was the glaze of horror on the phizzes of the assembled
heroes of the Mainstream Media. Andrea Mitchell — yes, the very same
Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, whose employer saw no conflict of
interest at all when she married then Fed pooh-bah Alan Greenspan —
stood there gaping like a frog while the rest of the assembled Finemans
and Matthewses and Olbermanns scurried around like roaches when the
light gets turned on: What the heck just hit us? For one horrible
moment, it looked as if the carefully crafted plans of David Axelrod,
Rahm Emanuel, George Soros, and the Second Chief Directorate, first
department, of the old KGB were about to gang agley.

Not only were we offended at the sheer effrontery of McCain’s pick: How
dare the Republicans proffer this déclassée piece of Wasilla trailer
trash whose only claim to fame was that she didn’t exercise her right to
choose? Where were her degrees from Smith or Barnard, her internships at
PETA, the Brookings Institution, or the Young Pioneers? We were also
outraged that the Stupid Party had just nominated a completely
unqualified candidate nobody had ever heard of, a first-term governor of
Alaska whose previous experience consisted of a small-town mayoralty. As
opposed to our guy, Barry Soetoro of Mombasa, Djakarta, and Honolulu, a
first-term senator nobody had ever heard of, whose previous experience
had been as a state senator (D., Daley Machine) in Illinois. After eight
long, illegitimate, lawless years of &*^%BUSH$#@! tyranny, how dare you
contest this election?

And so the word went out, from that time and place: Eviscerate Sarah
Palin like one of her field-dressed moose. Turn her life upside down.
Attack her politics, her background, her educational history. Attack her
family. Make fun of her husband, her children. Unleash the noted
gynecologist Andrew Sullivan to prove that Palin’s fifth child was
really her grandchild. Hit her with everything we have: Maureen Dowd of
the New York Times, taking a beer-run break from her quixotic search for
Mr. Right to drip venom on Sister Sarah; post-funny comic David
Letterman, to joke about her and her daughters on national television;
Katie Couric, the anchor nobody watches, to give this Alaskan interloper
a taste of life in the big leagues; former New York Times hack Todd “Mr.
Dee Dee Myers” Purdum, to act as an instrument of Graydon Carter’s wrath
at Vanity Fair. Heck, we even burned her church down. Even after the
teleological triumph of The One, the assault had to continue, each blow
delivered with our Lefty SneerTM (viz.: Donny Deutsch yesterday on
Morning Joe), until Sarah was finished.

You know what? It worked! McCain finally succumbed to his long-standing
case of Stockholm Syndrome (“My friends, you have nothing to fear from
an Obama presidency”), Tina Fey turned Palin into a
see-Russia-from-my-house joke, “conservative” useful idiots like Peggy
Noonan and Kathleen Parker hatched her, and finally Sarah cried No más
and walked away. If we could, we’d cut off her head and mount it on a
wall at Tammany Hall, except there is no more Tammany Hall unless you
count Obama’s Tony Rezko–financed home in Chicago. And it took only
eight months — heck, Sarah couldn't even have another kid in the time it
took us to destroy her. That’s the Chicago way!

Yes, my friends, it’s once again time to quote Sean Connery’s famous
speech from The Untouchables, written by David Mamet — the lecture the
veteran Chicago cop gives a wet-behind-the-ears Eliot Ness (Kevin
Costner, back when he was a movie star) while they sit in a church pew.
“You want to get Capone? Here’s how you get him: he pulls a knife, you
pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his
to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way!” If you just think of us —
liberal Democrats — as Capone you’ll begin to understand what we’re up
to. And we just put one of yours in the morgue.

I don’t know why I’m telling you this, but maybe now you’re beginning to
understand the high-stakes game we’re playing here. This ain’t John
McCain’s logrolling senatorial club any more. This is a deadly serious
attempt to realize the vision of the 1960s and to fundamentally
transform the United States of America. This is the fusion of Communist
dogma, high ideals, gangster tactics, and a stunning amount of
self-loathing. For the first time in history, the patrician class is
deliberately selling its own country down the river just to prove a
point: that, yes, we can! This country stinks and we won’t be happy
until we’ve forced you to admit it.

In other words, stop thinking of the Democratic Party as merely a
political party, because it’s much more than that. We’re not just the
party of slavery, segregation, secularism, and sedition. Not just the
party of Aaron Burr, Boss Tweed, Richard J. Croker, Bull Connor, Chris
Dodd, Richard Daley, Bill Ayers, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, and
Emperor Barack Hussein Obama II. Not just the party of Kendall “Agent
202” Myers, the State Department official recruited as a Cuban spy along
with his wife during the Carter administration. Rather, think of the
Democratic Party as what it really is: a criminal organization
masquerading as a political party.

If you had any sense, you would start using our tactics against us.
After all, you have a few lawyers on your side. Sue us. File frivolous
ethics complaints against all our elected officials until, like Sarah,
they go broke from defending themselves. (David Paterson would be a good
place to start.) Challenge the constitutionality of BO2’s legion of
fill-in-the-blank czars — none of whom have to be confirmed, or even
pass a security check. (Come to think of it, neither did Barry.) Let
slip your own journalistic dogs of war, assuming you have any, to find
Barry’s birth certificate, his college transcripts, whether he applied
to Occidental as a foreign student, and on which passport he traveled in
1981 to Pakistan with his friend Wahid Hamid, for starters.

You might also want to think about interviewing New York literary agent
Jane Dystel, who a) contacted the totally unknown Obama in the wake of
an adulatory New York Times piece in 1990 and b) got him a $125,000
advance for a memoir that c) he couldn’t write, even after a long
sojourn in Bali, which d) got the contract canceled, whereupon e) Dystel
got him $40,000 from another publisher, following which f) the book
finally came out to glowing reviews and g) Obama fired her. Wouldn’t she
have an interesting story to tell?

Of course, you won’t. You’re too nice, too enamored of history and
tradition to realize that the rules have changed. Remember, I live and
work in a town where, “Hello, he lied,” isn’t a joke; we men of the Left
are perfectly comfortable lying, cheating, and stealing — hello, Senator
Franken! — in order to attain and keep political power. Not for nothing
is one of our mottos, “By Any Means Necessary.” You see, we’re the good
guys, and for us the ends always justify the means. We are, literally,
shameless, which is why Bill Clinton is now a multi-millionaire and
Eliot Spitzer is already on the comeback trail.

In Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, “the fourth rule is: Make the
enemy live up to their own book of rules.” This is the book that “Reset”
Rodham (what ever happened to her?) and BHO II grew up reading and
continue to live by. If you don’t understand that that’s the way we see
you — as the enemy — then you’re too dumb to survive. Remember that for
us politics is not just an avocation, or even just a job, but our life.
We literally stay awake nights thinking up ways to screw you. And one of
the ways we do that is by religiously observing Alinsky’s Rule No. 4.

Did Sarah stand for “family values”? Flay her unwed-mother daughter. Did
she represent probity in a notoriously corrupt, one-family state? Spread
rumors about FBI investigations. Did she speak with an upper-Midwest
twang? Mock it relentlessly on Saturday Night Live. Above all, don’t let
her motivate the half of the country that doesn’t want His Serene
Highness to bankrupt the nation, align with banana-republic Communist
dictators, unilaterally dismantle our missile defenses, and set foot in
more mosques than churches since he has become president. We’ve got a
suicide cult to run here.

And that’s why Sarah had to go. Whether she understood it or not, she
threatened us right down to our most fundamental, meretricious, elitist,
sneering, snobbish, insecure, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of
Mental Disorders bones. She was, after all, a “normal” American, the
kind of person (or so I’m told) you meet in flyover country. The kind
that worries first about home and hearth and believes in things like
motherhood and love of country the way it is, not the way she wants to
remake it.

What you clowns need, in other words, is a Rules for Radical
Conservatives to explain what you’re up against and teach you how to
compete before it’s too late. Luckily, since I care about money even
more than I care about politics, I have just such a book in the proposal
stage, currently making the rounds of various publishers, assuming any
of them are wise enough to take me up on it.

And, yes, this time it really is personal.

— David Kahane is pushing for a new national holiday to commemorate the
destruction of Sarah Palin, and is hopeful that his senators, Barbara
Boxer and Dianne Feinstein, will co-sponsor it, along with Henry Waxman
in the House. You can second the motion at or on
Facebook.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Wordy fellow aintcha?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Imagine what I could do if
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : I knew what I was doing...