Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Liability & responsibility of electrician?

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 02:25:15 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 01:08:07 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
Yes, I'm afraid you are missing the point. Different locations, even though
attached to the same local grid, may have different supply voltages because
they are receiving those supplies through different transformers.

I got that. What is wrong is that the person who wrote that originally (was
it you?) used that to explain why a regular house outlet could be 220 volts
on one side of town, and 240 volts on another, both connected to the same
"grid".

There's going to be some variation, but not that much.

Nonsense! Do you believe that the entire town is powered by a single
substation, and that there are no I/R losses? It IS possible that an
older part of a town hasn't been upgraded in a long time, and that the
additional load pulls the line voltage down at the end of a MV feed
while another site is closer to a substation and has higher voltage
available to the building.

The stipulation was "one side" and "the other side", which sounds to me
like the windings of a single center tapped transformer, so NO, there is
NO way that there could be that much of a variance between the two,
dip****.

two sides of TOWN on opposite sides of one transformer???
I think not.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

Dimbulb never thinks, but he always posts hs nonsense. That's why he
needs 50+ nyms.