Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Liability & responsibility of electrician?

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

So the owner or designee that has the manuals and such for the machine and
should be the
most knowledgeable person in the room is the one that is at fault.

Hey Wes.
If you open up one of your older Fanucs you will see a tag somewhere that
says 200V AC.
That is the design spec.

I know about that. I lived in Japan once. 100vac and 200vac power distribution, half the
country was 50 cycle and the other 60 cycle back then.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

So the owner or designee that has the manuals and such for the machine and
should be the
most knowledgeable person in the room is the one that is at fault.

Hey Wes.
If you open up one of your older Fanucs you will see a tag somewhere that
says 200V AC.
That is the design spec.

I know about that. I lived in Japan once. 100vac and 200vac power distribution, half the
country was 50 cycle and the other 60 cycle back then.

Wes

A japanese physicist I know always said that failing to unitize the
power grid is the biggest thing that the Japanese people have against
the US occupation forces.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

So the owner or designee that has the manuals and such for the machine
and
should be the
most knowledgeable person in the room is the one that is at fault.

Hey Wes.
If you open up one of your older Fanucs you will see a tag somewhere that
says 200V AC.
That is the design spec.

I know about that. I lived in Japan once. 100vac and 200vac power
distribution, half the
country was 50 cycle and the other 60 cycle back then.

Jeeze, I didn't know that. 50 AND 60 cycles?
LOL

Anyway, I just cracked open a brand new 30i and guess what - 200VAC bigger
than life. Mitsubishi is the same way.
The only set up I ever sayw that expected anything else came from the EU.
The builders there work from 380V.

You ever need the poop on Fanuc's 30 Series, let me know. It's probably
somewhere on the web but I've got the whole mess here on a builders CD.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

I know about that. I lived in Japan once. 100vac and 200vac power distribution, half the
country was 50 cycle and the other 60 cycle back then.

Wes

A japanese physicist I know always said that failing to unitize the
power grid is the biggest thing that the Japanese people have against
the US occupation forces.

I always wondered why they even started out using to different frequencies.

Just dags and found it is still messed up. I was there in the late 70's.

http://www.geni.org/globalenergy/lib...citygrid.shtml

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

I know about that. I lived in Japan once. 100vac and 200vac power
distribution, half the
country was 50 cycle and the other 60 cycle back then.

Jeeze, I didn't know that. 50 AND 60 cycles?
LOL

I ran into some contactors in some older Mori CL's that had 100v 50hz and 100v 60hz
terminals on the coils.

Anyway, I just cracked open a brand new 30i and guess what - 200VAC bigger
than life. Mitsubishi is the same way.

I need to take a look in our Mori ZT2500Y's and see what they are set for. Since the
facility is 480v, we have a lot of transformers stepping down near the machines.

The only set up I ever sayw that expected anything else came from the EU.
The builders there work from 380V.

Oh yeah, we had an Index that used 380v.

The control voltage in an Adira CNC press brake, is 48v, pita when you need to replace an
electrical component.

You ever need the poop on Fanuc's 30 Series, let me know. It's probably
somewhere on the web but I've got the whole mess here on a builders CD.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

I know about that. I lived in Japan once. 100vac and 200vac power
distribution, half the
country was 50 cycle and the other 60 cycle back then.

Wes

A japanese physicist I know always said that failing to unitize the
power grid is the biggest thing that the Japanese people have against
the US occupation forces.

I wasn't aware of this nightmare. I feel slightly better now about the
fact that our U.S. made cars have metric & imperial sized fasteners all
over them while any other made car has just metric. It's all about the
money & who gets the most of it.