Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Carbide Pedestal / Bench Grinders

Baldor makes a 510 which they claim has a max of .002 run out and is
for diamond wheels. Should this unit just be used for finishing?

Baldor makes a 500 which they say should be use for roughing carbide
with "green" wheels.

Is anyone doing finish work on a Baldor 500 and using diamond wheels
on it?

What about this deal?

http://www.accu-finish.com/seriestwo.html

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote:

Baldor makes a 510 which they claim has a max of .002 run out and is
for diamond wheels. Should this unit just be used for finishing?

Shim the wheel. Works for harborfright stuff too.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jon_banquer wrote in news:9f4abfc8-b8de-4a6c-b1c8-
:

http://www.accu-finish.com/seriestwo.html

These are greeat. Every large shop I've worked with that uses lots of
carbide has one of these. They demo them at all the large machine tool
shows, and I picked up one of their older smaller demo units for my home
shop. They run slow enough that you can use them on HHS. The only
annoyance is that the diamond wheels are pricey, and at least on mine, the
mount is proprietary. They are also not designed for drill sharpening per
se. You could use one for freehand grinding or with a good guide (like a
General), but it won't be as good as a Drill Doctor if you do a lot of
drills. They are mostly designed for lath bits.

Doug White

Carbide Insert and Carbide Depot [email protected] Metalworking 1 November 23rd 07 06:37 PM
How much of Dillon's Carbide dies are Carbide? Clark Magnuson Metalworking 4 September 5th 07 04:59 AM
Cheap bench grinders? al UK diy 12 January 24th 06 07:51 AM
Bench grinders Michael Billings Woodworking 19 May 8th 05 09:19 PM
Bench Grinders Michael Billings Woodworking 9 December 27th 04 03:30 PM