Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill Sharpeners

Somebody was suggesting a scope to see wuzzup while the drill bit is
in situ. It appears the Meteors have this available on at least three
models, one of which is CCTV.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if there is a practical way to do the CCTV thing on
my Black Diamond? Hmmmm...

Yeah....right....another dream!!

Brian Lawson

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:59:53 -0700 (PDT), Zymrgy
wrote:

By far the best drill grinder I have used (& still use) is a Black
Diamond. After using one I got rid of my Darex....honestly it is a
hunk of **** in comparison.....but at 4X the price, it should be that
much better. The only thing that you need to fine tune on a Black
Diamond is when you split points on different diameters. For smaller
drills (say under 1/8) the Meteor line is the best hands down. With it
I can easily split the point on a 1/64 drill. Pretty spendy machine
tho....
http://www.novatechonline.com/products/meteor/MeteS.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:18:37 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Somebody was suggesting a scope to see wuzzup while the drill bit is
in situ. It appears the Meteors have this available on at least three
models, one of which is CCTV.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if there is a practical way to do the CCTV thing on
my Black Diamond? Hmmmm...

Yeah....right....another dream!!

Brian Lawson

Why? Need a microscope camera? I think Ive got a Sony CCD
microscope/camera kicking around here somewhere.

wrote:

By far the best drill grinder I have used (& still use) is a Black
Diamond. After using one I got rid of my Darex....honestly it is a
hunk of **** in comparison.....but at 4X the price, it should be that
much better. The only thing that you need to fine tune on a Black
Diamond is when you split points on different diameters. For smaller
drills (say under 1/8) the Meteor line is the best hands down. With it
I can easily split the point on a 1/64 drill. Pretty spendy machine
tho....
http://www.novatechonline.com/products/meteor/MeteS.htm

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Microscope camera was Drill Sharpeners

wrote:

Somebody was suggesting a scope to see wuzzup while the drill bit is
in situ. It appears the Meteors have this available on at least three
models, one of which is CCTV.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if there is a practical way to do the CCTV thing on
my Black Diamond? Hmmmm...

Yeah....right....another dream!!

Brian Lawson

Why? Need a microscope camera? I think Ive got a Sony CCD
microscope/camera kicking around here somewhere.

Hey Gunner,

Nice to see you back. I was in LA for 10 days in early to mid June,
for my son's wedding. Too busy with the family and the festivities to
call you again, but I thought about you!! Glad stuff is getting back
to normal.

Anyway, yeah, if you come across it, lemme know. I have a Unitron
microscope with a Polaroid "mounting cap" on it already. No camera,
but the attach fitting. With the way my eyes are going, the bigger
the image the better!!

Oh!!! the joys of old age, eh!?!?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,