Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Whats up in Alaska?

Governor Sara Palin just announced that she will resign her post at the
end of july.
Her press conference was rather rambling and imprecise as to her
reason for quitting but it appears that this is A pattern for her
behavior. She headed the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Committee and
resigned after only A one year stint there.
I'm sure there is more to this than meets the eye!

H.R.
once upon A time, A guy asked A girl "will you marry me?'' The girl
responded "no!"
So the guy lived happily ever after and went
fishing,hunting,golfing,drank lots of beer and farted whenever he
wanted.
The end.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 3, 4:51*pm, wrote:
Governor Sara Palin just announced that she will resign her post at the
end of july.
* Her press conference was rather rambling and imprecise as to her
reason for quitting but it appears that this is A pattern for her
behavior. She headed the Alaska *Oil and Gas Conservation Committee and
resigned after only A one year stint there.
* I'm sure there is more to this than meets the eye!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *H.R.
once upon A time, A guy asked A girl "will you marry me?'' The girl
responded "no!"
So the guy lived happily ever after and went
fishing,hunting,golfing,drank lots of beer and farted whenever he
wanted.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *The end.

And the press conference was a spur of the moment thing.

There is more going on than has been told..yet.

Maybe she saw Russia from her porch one too many times.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
RBnDFW wrote:
She'll be back. She's no quitter.

Ummm, actually, she just quit. That's what the press conference was
about.

obligatory metal content
So, if you are working a piece on your lathe, and realize that you
cannot continue with the project unless you move it to the mill for the
next operation, you are a quitter?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RBnDFW wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
RBnDFW wrote:
She'll be back. She's no quitter.

Ummm, actually, she just quit. That's what the press conference was
about.

obligatory metal content
So, if you are working a piece on your lathe, and realize that you
cannot continue with the project unless you move it to the mill for the
next operation, you are a quitter?

IF you are half way through the term of your lathe operation, yep, you
sure are.

But please, puff her up and cheer her on, it will greatly improve Mr.
Obama's chances of term 2. I imagine he loves the thought of running
against Sarah and the 10% of the electorate that think she's the bee's
knees.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote:
RBnDFW wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
RBnDFW wrote:
She'll be back. She's no quitter.

Ummm, actually, she just quit. That's what the press conference was
about.

obligatory metal content
So, if you are working a piece on your lathe, and realize that you
cannot continue with the project unless you move it to the mill for
the next operation, you are a quitter?

IF you are half way through the term of your lathe operation, yep, you
sure are.

But please, puff her up and cheer her on, it will greatly improve Mr.
Obama's chances of term 2. I imagine he loves the thought of running
against Sarah and the 10% of the electorate that think she's the bee's
knees.

It's 23% of all voters right now. Be careful what you wish for.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 7, 5:53*pm, RBnDFW wrote:
Stuart Wheaton wrote:
RBnDFW wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
RBnDFW wrote:
* She'll be back. She's no quitter.

Ummm, actually, she just quit. *That's what the press conference was
about.

obligatory metal content
So, if you are working a piece on your lathe, and realize that you
cannot continue with the project unless you move it to the mill for
the next operation, you are a quitter?

IF you are half way through the term of your lathe operation, yep, you
sure are.

But please, puff her up and cheer her on, it will greatly improve Mr.
Obama's chances of term 2. *I imagine he loves the thought of running
against Sarah and the 10% of the electorate that think she's the bee's
knees.

It's 23% of all voters right now. Be careful what you wish for.

According to which poll? Do you seriously think that if an election
were held today, she would get a serious percentage of the votes? I
don't know ANYONE who would vote for her, and I do know some very
staunch conservatives.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
On Jul 7, 5:53 pm, RBnDFW wrote:
Stuart Wheaton wrote:
RBnDFW wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

So, even if she doubled her support she'd lose the election by an 8%
margin....

There's the future of the Republican party. Teddy and Abe would be SO
proud!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wild guess?

Somebody found a dead boy or a live girl in the closet.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RBnDFW wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
RBnDFW wrote:
She'll be back. She's no quitter.

Ummm, actually, she just quit. That's what the press conference was
about.

obligatory metal content
So, if you are working a piece on your lathe, and realize that you
cannot continue with the project unless you move it to the mill for
the next operation, you are a quitter?

Palin is just another phoney. As Parker says in her article, there are
bright, willing minds in the conservative movement.
Sarah Palin isn't one of them.

To parphrase Winston Churchill:
She is an enema wrapped in a diaper tossed into a dumpster.

Gold Rush In Alaska

By Kathleen Parker
Wednesday, July 8, 2009

When you're up to your waders in barracuda, blame the media.

And quit your job.

And say you did it for the people.

And hire an agent.

And try to keep a straight face.

On your way to the bank.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American
public, H.L. Mencken once said. Terribly elitist fellow, that Mencken. If
only he were alive to witness the phenomenon of Sarah Palin, whose biography
validates every cynical thought that ever found expression in his prolific
prose.

Let's just say, Palin is in no danger of going broke. From her book contract
alone, she never has to worry about money again, according to one close
insider.

She may be politically dead -- "If I die, I die. So be it," as Palin
recently put it -- but that depends on how one defines politics. In fact,
adding mystery to confoundedness, Palin has enough supporters and
fundraising potential to put a ground game in play in a matter of seconds.
Just to toss in a sports metaphor, if I may.

Meanwhile, getting real, can we stop pretending that Palin is interested in
anything other than her own ambition?

Can we also stop nodding assent every time she says the media are to blame
for her self-inflicted wounds? The media invented Sarah Palin. Before the
media shined their light on those no-place-like-home slippers, does anyone
recall ever wondering what a governor of Alaska was up to?

Not that Alaska isn't a beautiful, wildlife- and resource-rich state. And
not that we don't all admire the rugged, frontier spirit that makes Alaskans
our kind of Americans. But it took the benighted East Coast media to put one
Sarah Palin on the map of the lower 48.

There's nothing wrong with ambition, of course. No one gets to the White
House or the Iditarod finish line without it. But claiming selfless
virtue -- not to mention solidarity with wounded soldiers in Kosovo and
Landstuhl, Germany -- over personal preference is a herring of a different
color.

"Let's face it, she just doesn't really want to govern, and she's doing
what's best for her," said a Republican campaign strategist who has worked
with Palin.

"This is a win-win," said another. "It's a win for her because she is not
politically viable, and now hopefully she can make a lot of money, have
balance and affect culture in a positive way. It's a win for the Republican
Party because she was the female version of [George W.] Bush in some ways.
She is not intellectually curious. We need and have smart, competent
alternatives."

Undoubtedly and understandably, Palin is weary of the fray. The crucial
turning point was the attacks on her family. No one can honestly make the
case that the Palins didn't take more heat than other public families. That
said, it isn't difficult to avoid media attention. All one has to do is go
to Alaska and stay put. But Palin, like the giddy Icarus, seems drawn to
heat and light.

Palin also blamed frivolous ethics charges as a reason for her premature
retirement. Alaskans lately have turned against the once-popular governor
and filed complaints that have run up legal fees in the $500,000 range.
Nobody wants that, surely, but that's chump change for Palin, whose
supporters tossed $400,000 her way the first month SarahPAC went online.

Finally, Palin blamed "a full-court press from the national level picking
away right now" and said she "knows exactly when to pass the ball so that
the team can win. And that is what I'm doing -- keeping our eye on the ball
that represents sound priorities. Remember, they include energy independence
and smaller government and national security and freedom. And I know when
it's time to pass the ball for victory."

Fortunately, Palin has hired a writer to help with her tell-all.

Insiders confirm that Palin felt she couldn't accomplish as much as a
besieged governor as she can as a private citizen working behind the scenes.
While that may be true, the sidebar reveals a convenient rationale. The
usual rule applies: Follow the money.

As a public speaker, Palin will be golden. Other rumors circulating suggest
a television show, a possible newspaper column (but remember, Palin hates
the mainstream media), and fundraising gigs where the erstwhile vice
presidential candidate can retain her hot spot on center stage.

If that is altruism, there's a lakeside house in Wasilla with a fabulous
view of Russia you're just gonna love.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

--
John R. Carroll