Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pencil question

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 05:30:58 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

snip
NPR recently had an interesting Tomato Pie recipe. I haven't
tried it yet, but it sounded good. See:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...0854#104469203

I mentioned it to Susan, who thought it might be a good idea to try. I've
copied the recipe. Now to find time to give it a go. She has so many
good things she prepares that we go months before repeating some of her
recipes.

I hear you on the time thing, that and having the fresh
tomatoes around. I'm not one to buy tomatoes from the store.
If everything comes together and I actually make/try it I'll
let you know how it is

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Winston" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
(...)

Have you ever tried 'SwitcherCad'? It is a Spice program you can
download for free from Linear Technology.

http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/ltspice.jsp
Second the motion.

OK, with both of you being enthusiastic, I downloaded it to try it out.
I'll get to it this weekend.

Thanks.

I'm interested in your reaction.

Notice how your mouse cursor changes from a voltage probe to a current
probe during simulation, depending on where you place it on the part.
Click to take a reading and the results show up on an oscilloscope -
type display.

LTSpice lets you create definitions for simulation measurements
using the Expression Editor.
You can, for instance dynamically calculate power in R1, for example by
editing it's current reading from: 'I(R1)' to: 'I(R1)*(V(n002)-V(n001))'
where the voltages are taken from each side of R1 to ground.
Notice how LTSpice automagically changes the display from 'amps' to
'watts'!

You can copy the equation and paste it into your schematic as a comment,
so it is handy for future simulations when you paste it back into the
Expression Editor.

Super Nifty.

--Winston

Sorry I've been offline for a while. I did get to try the program and it is
impressive -- 'way more capable than the early versions of Spice I fooled
with years ago.

If I still played with radio, I'd be hooked. Thanks for getting me to try
it.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

Sorry I've been offline for a while. I did get to try the program and it is
impressive -- 'way more capable than the early versions of Spice I fooled
with years ago.

I thought you would like that user interface.
It is a very pleasant change from typing in a node list!

If I still played with radio, I'd be hooked. Thanks for getting me to try
it.

My pleasure, Ed.

--Winston

Carpenter's pencil mike UK diy 10 April 11th 07 11:22 PM
Pencil art? Robatoy Woodworking 0 January 8th 07 02:11 PM
Electric Pencil MikeMandaville Metalworking 2 March 24th 06 02:23 AM
Pencil Box Plans and designs Jock Woodworking 3 March 6th 05 03:45 AM
Pencil Gunner Metalworking 2 March 2nd 04 05:05 PM