DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tuna fish (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/280195-re-tuna-fish.html)

Ed Huntress June 12th 09 04:33 PM

Tuna fish

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message news:...

"John Husvar" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

They got the content size down to where they can boast about the
reduced-sized boxes. Now, that's one hell of a good copywriter...

They aren't stupid, Leon. They know which side of the package the butter
goes on.

--
Ed Huntress

Hellofitis: If the years-old thing my uncle told me was or still is
true, the box costs the cereal maker more than the product does.

I've heard the same about the drinks at restaurants and fast-food
joints. Coffee and soft drinks being examples.

True, not true?

I don't know about now. When I took an advertising class (in the dark
ages), the value of material in a dollar's worth of laundry detergent was
23 cents. The packaging was 56 cents. The rest was distribution cost.
(Figures ignored both wholesale and retail profits.)

Whoops, memory gears turn slowly these days. The value of the detergent was
much less than that -- I forget how much. The advertising was 23 cents.
Packaging and distribution was 56 cents. And there was another cost in there
somewhere.

I think I still have that advertising text book, but I don't want to look it
up.

--
Ed Huntress