DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   D1-4 (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/278904-d1-4-a.html)

No Name May 23rd 09 10:46 PM

D1-4

I need to know how to take off an 8" chuck and install a chuck on a D1-4
Lathe. Please help with detailed instructions as I have been known to
install flange nuts upside down in the past.
Thank You
Al Kimmel

Karl Townsend May 24th 09 12:26 AM

D1-4

wrote in message
m...
I need to know how to take off an 8" chuck and install a chuck on a D1-4
Lathe. Please help with detailed instructions as I have been known to
install flange nuts upside down in the past.
Thank You
Al Kimmel

There are three small chuck keys located axially 120 degrees a part on the
spindle right behind the chuck. Turn each one to loosen, maybe 20 degrees
counterclockwise. Tap on chuck with a rubber mallet, it will pop loose. turn
the chuck key the rest of the way CCW, slide chuck off pins.

Karl

David Billington May 24th 09 12:05 PM

D1-4

wrote:
I need to know how to take off an 8" chuck and install a chuck on a D1-4
Lathe. Please help with detailed instructions as I have been known to
install flange nuts upside down in the past.
Thank You
Al Kimmel

I've scanned the page relating to the D1-4 chuck mounting in my Harrison
M300 manual and posted it to the dropbox

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...4_mounting.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...4_mounting.txt