Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bench Dog 10-019 ProCut Portable Circular Saw Crosscut Guide for All 8-1/4-Inch and Smaller Circular Saws

Price:$20.99
Image: http://megadealfinder.info/image.php?id=B0007VO0GM
Best deal: http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0007VO0GM

The ProCut is a great idea. Wish I had it years ago. Did not try it with a right bladed circular saw since I now only use worm drive saws. It still works with a worm drive but there is only a small amount of procut bed under the saw. As a result you have to hold the saw up on the bed of the ProCut with a slight CCW twist of the wrist. Once you make your first cut the ProCut is customized for that saw.
When rough cutting, a good craftsman can follow a pencil line. An accurate straight cut requires a straight edge clamped to the material to be cut. This items attempts to shortcut that process and just doesn't work.Because it's a one item fits all device, it first has to be cut to fit your circular saw. The problem is that it has a minimal edge to support the circular saw when starting the cut, so you frequently start off in the wrong direction. Despite its being made from plastic, there was a lot of friction between it and my saw. which caused the whole unit to shift, making cuts less than perfect. My freehand cuts were just as good as cuts made with this device.Sears makes an item that is both cheaper and more useful.[...]They used to make a table that converted a circular saw into a 45/90° miter saw, that I bought 30 years ago.
I ordered this guide some time ago, but did not have a particular need at the time. However, I just obtained a job that required the cutting of several 2x 12 boards. The guide worked great and I was able to cut the boards accurately and straight with little effort. All shop should have one!
To the person who said, "why?"Because not all of us want to take the time to measure, set up clamps to hold a straight edge, just to have it slip. The directions are simple. A novice can use it. It cut down my time to make cuts by at least two-thirds. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't look down their noses at items to make woodworking easier!
This item is great for cutting anything from 2x4's to 2x12's. Once you set it up for your saw it cuts very straight lines with ease.
Portable Saw Guide - PORTABLE SAW GUIDE. Fits 8-1/4" & smaller right-bladed circular saws. Instantly aligns saw to cut line. Reduces kickback, binding & bent blades

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Bench Dog 10-016 Trim-Loc Casement Trim Installation Tool:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000AV36Q
Bench Dog 40-011 Feather-Loc Double Featherboard for Table Saws & Router Tables:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000DD5SP
Bench Dog 10-025 Push-Loc Offset Push Stick For Table Saws, Router Tables with Docking Station:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B000FW3VQ8
FastCap Accuscribe Scribing Tool:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0001GUDT6
Bench Dog 10-012 Miter Slot Adapter:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000DD5SQ

ACCESSORIES:

This Old House:http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=B000ILXPTO
Graphic Guide to Frame Construction: Details for Builders and Designers (For Pros by Pros):http://megadealfinder.info/index.php?id=1561583537

Circular Saws mcp6453[_2_] Woodworking 5 September 8th 08 04:23 AM
Circular saws reviewed in CR Joe_Stein Woodworking 6 June 29th 05 06:52 PM
Cordless circular saws dg UK diy 4 May 10th 05 08:36 PM
Question about circular saws SQLit Home Repair 1 November 29th 04 03:18 AM
18v circular saws - any good? Tenex UK diy 11 September 2nd 03 10:43 AM