DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Custom milled part question (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/277873-re-custom-milled-part-question.html)

Bob Engelhardt May 13th 09 11:19 PM

Custom milled part question

John E. wrote:
Couldn't you mount it in a 4 jaw chuck and turn it in a lathe?
Dan

Hmm... that's one solution. Thanks.

Others?

To me, using the lathe is so straightforward, fast & easy that it isn't
even worth considering other solutions.

Bob

pmv May 14th 09 02:10 AM

On May 13, 6:19*pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
John E. wrote:
Couldn't you mount it in a 4 jaw chuck and turn it in a lathe?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

Hmm... that's one solution. Thanks.

Others?

To me, using the lathe is so straightforward, fast & easy that it isn't
even worth considering other solutions.

Bob

Second that, but a four-jaw on a rotary table would probably be just
as good, and maybe faster. We don't know the overall dimensions of the
block, do we?

p.

Joe Pfeiffer May 14th 09 02:14 AM

Bob Engelhardt writes:

John E. wrote:
Couldn't you mount it in a 4 jaw chuck and turn it in a lathe?
Dan

Hmm... that's one solution. Thanks.

Others?

To me, using the lathe is so straightforward, fast & easy that it
isn't even worth considering other solutions.

Unless, of course, step 1 for the OP would be "buy lathe", and he's
already mentioned he's got a milling machine.