DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is the best aluminum for heat sink? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/277587-re-what-best-aluminum-heat-sink.html)

Wild_Bill May 10th 09 05:05 AM

What is the best aluminum for heat sink?

The kind with fins on it..

(if space permits) is generally considered the best, if best means
effectiveness in transfer of heat to air.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
On May 6, 3:29 pm, James Arthur wrote:
Not that I need such precision. I've got the CNC bug[1], and I'm
thinking of ways to make things nice. Ways to make nice ways,
if you will.

[1] A CNC mill and a lathe, and the desire to make more of the same.

The lathe and mill are both Turing-complete machine tools, so that's
no problem. :-)

Crossposting to RCM, which I recall had someone madly interested in
something like "Godel's Theorem for Machinists"!

Tim