DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   School sales...do they happen any more? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/277392-re-school-sales-do-they-happen-any-more.html)

GeoLane at PTD dot NET May 7th 09 02:16 AM

School sales...do they happen any more?

On Wed, 6 May 2009 12:49:30 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

In the past I usually found the best quality buys from schools that
were selling off shops.

Is anyone seeing this happen any more or has it become stuff for metal/
woodworking legends?

There's a school shop sale on the York, PA Craigslist currently. I
think the listing occurred either late last week or early this week.

I got my 12/24 Clausing lathe at a school sale 29 years ago.
The bidding stopped at around $500 and I almost had it at that price
and then somewhere the bidding started again. I'm not sure if I was
set up by a shill or not, but I got it for $805.

RWL