Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What?

Someone here, preferably one of the old timers, that could tell poor
old Lennie what's going on here? Suddenly, Cliffie seems to be making
more sense than a lot of others, and even I used to think Cliff was
going a little far. But this latest bunch? Where in hell did they
crawl in from?

And pardon the typo's, lost 60% of the vision in my left eye, makes
seeing text difficult.

Lennie the Lurker. (In the past.)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

All the nutcases liked to cross post their lively right wing wit, and
now they cross post to us...

You haven't noticed the left wing twit?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Someone here, preferably one of the old timers, that could tell poor
old Lennie what's going on here? Suddenly, Cliffie seems to be making
more sense than a lot of others, and even I used to think Cliff was
going a little far. But this latest bunch? Where in hell did they
crawl in from?

And pardon the typo's, lost 60% of the vision in my left eye, makes
seeing text difficult.

Lennie the Lurker. (In the past.)

We come here because Cliffie and TMT invited us here with their off-topic
cross posts. We're staying until they leave our group. Lurk on that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 30, 5:10*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
Lennie - I was just thinking about you the
other day. *Believe it or not, your flames
and rants are missed.

Hell if I know what's going on. Stop by more
often.

Looks like Cliff brought someone from the poliwhacko groups. The
character called Basil, is he for real or a sockpuppet? Can't be
anything in that head, if he has a head. But could also have been
gummer and his cross posting, went into the crap groups and brought
his buddies here. 'S ok, what used to be one of the more active
aviation flame fests is almost dead, from over a hundred per day to
about one.

Lost an eye for a couple of days in Feb, went out on me a month ago
and isn't back. Irritating, can't see to read a micrometer without a
lens, and no depth perception. Sucks, but last night, found out
there's no tumor, just advanced years catching up to me. Doc likened
it to mini strokes. Oh well. Nothing lasts forever.

Lennie.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 30, 8:29*pm, "Basil Karlo" wrote:
wrote in message

We come here because Cliffie and TMT invited us here with their off-topic
cross posts. We're staying until they leave our group. Lurk on that.

So you cross post to all 60 groups? I question that any man has
something to say to sixty groups that would have any importance.
Maybe I should start making loon mallets again. "Basil" sounds like a
good name for an improved model. Not as big as a Ralphie, only with
more spikes in the "LOON" that it leaves in the forehead.

Go ruin your own groups, get the hell out of one that was useful until
you came along.

Lennie the Lurker
President and Public Relations officer.
Whack-A-Loon Ink.
Makers and purveyors of fine quality Loon Mallets.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Someone here, preferably one of the old timers, that could tell poor
old Lennie what's going on here? Suddenly, Cliffie seems to be making
more sense than a lot of others, and even I used to think Cliff was
going a little far. But this latest bunch? Where in hell did they
crawl in from?

And pardon the typo's, lost 60% of the vision in my left eye, makes
seeing text difficult.

Lennie the Lurker. (In the past.)

Lennie!

How the hell are you? Been a long, long time.

Sorry about the loss of vision. Details?

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 1, 2:19*am, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
wrote in message

Someone here, preferably one of the old timers, that could tell poor
old Lennie what's going on here? *Suddenly, Cliffie seems to be making
more sense than a lot of others, and even I used to think Cliff was
going a little far. *But this latest bunch? *Where in hell did they
crawl in from?

And pardon the typo's, lost 60% of the vision in my left eye, makes
seeing text difficult.

Lennie the Lurker. (In the past.)

Lennie!

How the hell are you? *Been a long, long time.

Sorry about the loss of vision. * Details?

Harold

Guess I'm doing ok, every test they did on me came up normal, MRI only
shows age related atrophy. CTscan shows metal chips embedded in the
eyesocket, don't know when that got there, just that it's been there
more than fifteen years. But they're not the problem.

Got rid of a lot of the old machines, not using them, and needing room
for other stuff coming in. Started changing my woodworking machines,
going almost totally with Grizzly. More expensive, but worth it.

Was off line almost completely for two years, peaceful and I didn't
run my credit car up online. Then sat around and decided I wanted the
guitar of my dreams, found out it wasn't as much as I thought. Ended
up with two Gretsch, 5120 and 5122, gives me the feel I like, sounds
aren't hard to adjust to get. Bought a Les Paul, sound from that thing
totally sucks, can't get anything from it but a hard rock screech that
I hate. Heavy, not comfortable to hold or to stand with. Or maybe I
played the Harmony super auditorium I had too much.

Picked up an old Shopsmith, just going to get it working, get rid of
it. Don't like all in one machines, they don't do anything
particularly well, if I was completely restricted for room, it might
make sense, but I already have separate machines of the different
kinds. Bought a Grizzly wood lathe and the copy attachment, saves
time in rough shaping, but still leaves a lot of hand finishing.
Maybe worth it, we'll see if I can see well enough to use it. The
idea of a skew chisel embedded in my forehead doesn't appeal very
much, about as much as slag down in the shoe.

Battlebot, got that urge, started, now I can start again with motors
that might actually do what they should. Totally amazed at how small
the electronics are getting, not even a quarter the size of my
airborne units. MIght have to change the motor controller, the motors
each draw 50 amps stalled. Just something to keep my mind occupied,
nothing serious, and so far, not expensive.

Got enough to keep the mind busy, also trying to get some of the notes
from my pond work put in a coherent form, if there's anything coherent
about microscopic life in a pond. Trying to rough out an order of
succession, but there doesn't seem to be any distinct pattern, only
general tendencies.

Daughter's in a nursing home, ventilator 24 hours a day, bit of a
drive there, but better than me having to run every time something
triggers an alarm. Reached the age that taking care of her isn't an
option now.

Surviving, still having some fun, and happy I don't have to go to work
everyday.

Cheers.

Rich.