DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Internet Explorer or WISP Problem? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/276223-internet-explorer-wisp-problem.html)

Andy Asberry April 19th 09 12:59 AM

Internet Explorer or WISP Problem?

I'm out in the boonies on a WISP that backhauls to Charter cable in
Fort Worth.

Last Monday IE decided it would not connect to eBay and a few other
web sites. I can connect through AOL's browser with no problem.

I deleted the temporary internet files, history and cookies. Worked
one time.

Did a dns flush. No different.

Same problem on two computers (XP Pro and Vista) so I'm thinking maybe
a MS update to IE or Charter is blocking some sites.

Someone suggested OpenDNS

Comments or suggestions.

Gerry[_2_] April 19th 09 01:35 AM

On Apr 18, 6:59*pm, Andy Asberry wrote:
I'm out in the boonies on a WISP that backhauls to Charter cable in
Fort Worth.

Last Monday IE decided it would not connect to eBay and a few other
web sites. I can connect through AOL's browser with no problem.

I deleted the temporary internet files, history and cookies. Worked
one time.

Did a dns flush. No different.

Same problem on two computers (XP Pro and Vista) so I'm thinking maybe
a MS update to IE or Charter is blocking some sites.

Someone suggested OpenDNS

Comments or suggestions.

Maybe it's tome to give Firefox a chance.