Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Free Sun servers

Completely off topic, but I've noticed a couple threads in here with people
talking about hobbyist uses of Sun servers and other gear, so I figured I'd
give folks a crack at it before I send it off to the recycler. I have a
fairly good sized collection of Sun servers and other hardware at work that
needs to go. Nobody has the time or desire to bother selling it, so it'll
just go to a local recycler unless someone wants some of it. I don't mind
shipping it, but you'd have to pay for the shipping, which could be pretty
pricey since most of the gear is fairly heavy. It's all located in the
Pasadena, California area and you could come by and pick it up during normal
business hours if you wanted it.

What I've got are a few Sun E450s, an E250, a pair of Ultra2 workstations,
an Ultra10 workstation, a few generic SCSI disk racks, and several SENA
storage arrays (some are A5200s, some are just generic SENAs). I also have
plenty of SCSI and FC disks for the arrays, and I'm pretty sure I have an
SBUS FC-AL card or two back there as well. Plus plenty of fiber cables in
various lengths, so if you're really itching to put together a big ZFS disk
array to play with, now's your chance. Be warned, though, as some of the
gear is pretty well abused. It should all be functional, and I'll happily
test and verify functionality before letting it go, but cosmetically some
of them are pretty awful.

If you're interested, feel free to post a followup here in the group, or send
an e-mail to bryan at aernovo dot com. I can, to a limited extent, even
deliver the stuff someplace but I'd probably need some convincing. Depends
on the location.

I often have PCs and other assorted cables and junk, so if you're into
scrounging up hardware for some reason, just say so.