DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   N.A.M.E.S.,car camping in the parking lot? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/274648-n-m-e-s-car-camping-parking-lot.html)

[email protected] March 29th 09 07:21 PM

N.A.M.E.S.,car camping in the parking lot?

When the show was in the Detroit area, we would sleep in the car in
the parking lot overnight. Can this be done now in Toledo?

Brian Lawson March 30th 09 12:42 AM

N.A.M.E.S.,car camping in the parking lot?

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:21:21 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

When the show was in the Detroit area, we would sleep in the car in
the parking lot overnight. Can this be done now in Toledo?

Well, there is NO SPACE anyone can park in "at" the show site proper.
But in other places, I don't think anyone will tell you "Yes", but who
is to say no? There is an RV parking area a block west , but their
genny's may be running all night. Worst case there, some rent-a-cop
says you can't stay, so you move and start over. There is a parking
deck across the street immediately north from the rear of the SeaGate,
and I have parked there in the "open" outside street level area
without incident for a few days, but last year my room-mate had some
stuff taken from his pick-up truck in the week he was parked in the
upper deck slots of the ramp. There is also underground parking right
under the SeaGate, at about 11 bucks I think.

The Park Inn hotel (part of the SeaGate complex) allows up to 4 per
room with a special NAMES rate of 99 plus tax, if you book soon.

Take nothing I say as official, or even the truth!!

Wes[_2_] March 30th 09 04:44 PM

wrote:

When the show was in the Detroit area, we would sleep in the car in
the parking lot overnight. Can this be done now in Toledo?

Who knows but driving to the nearest rest stop on the near by interstates is not likely
going to get you rousted. Cops want tired drivers off the road.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Tim[_10_] March 30th 09 10:46 PM

"Wes" wrote in message

When the show was in the Detroit area, we would sleep in the car in
the parking lot overnight. Can this be done now in Toledo?

Who knows but driving to the nearest rest stop on the near by interstates
is not likely
going to get you rousted. Cops want tired drivers off the road.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

I would check it out with the state patrol. Some states like Colorado used
to be hell on overnight camping at any location not specifically designated
for such. Maybe because of tourism, Colorado was different, but it wouldn't
hurt to call ahead.

[email protected] March 30th 09 11:56 PM

On Mar 29, 2:21�pm, wrote:
When the show was in the Detroit area, we would sleep in the car in
the parking lot overnight. Can this be done now in Toledo?

Many, but not all, WALMART Stores allow overnight parking of RVs.
Google "Walmart overnight parking" for more info. By all means, check
with the store manager before you settle in for the night.

[email protected] March 31st 09 05:23 PM

N.A.M.E.S.,car camping in the parking lot?

Thanks guys, Hope to go to Toledo for the first time. It's been a
few years since I have been to N A M E S, in the Detroit area.