DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   BEWARE RIP-OFF (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/274367-beware-rip-off.html)

No Name March 25th 09 10:42 PM

BEWARE RIP-OFF

I received a phone call from who said they were the police Dept. and I had
been picked up on camera running a red light. They wanted my credit card
number to pay the fine.
I told them to mail me the ticket. They said that a warrant would be placed
on me. I said fine I will lay it out in Jail. They hung up. I called the
police and they said it was a rip-off. BEWARE
Al

Jim Stewart[_2_] March 26th 09 12:52 AM

BEWARE RIP-OFF

wrote:
I received a phone call from who said they were the police Dept. and I had
been picked up on camera running a red light. They wanted my credit card
number to pay the fine.
I told them to mail me the ticket. They said that a warrant would be placed
on me. I said fine I will lay it out in Jail. They hung up. I called the
police and they said it was a rip-off. BEWARE

Cute.

Did you ask them to read back your license
plate number?

Ignoramus3943 March 26th 09 01:20 AM

BEWARE RIP-OFF

What was their accent like? I heard that similar frauds are practiced
in Eastern Europe.

On 2009-03-26, Jim Stewart wrote:
wrote:
I received a phone call from who said they were the police Dept. and I had
been picked up on camera running a red light. They wanted my credit card
number to pay the fine.
I told them to mail me the ticket. They said that a warrant would be placed
on me. I said fine I will lay it out in Jail. They hung up. I called the
police and they said it was a rip-off. BEWARE

Cute.

Did you ask them to read back your license
plate number?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/