DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Im back (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/274273-re-im-back.html)

Larry Jaques March 25th 09 02:07 AM

Im back

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 01:05:16 -0400, the infamous Steve Ackman
scrawled the following:

In , on Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:25:11
-0400, Proctologically Violated©®, wrote:

malquoted stuff snipped
What a racket.

I went to a walk-in clinic for antibiotics and a
tetanus shot. The bill was over $500, $152 just for
the 45 seconds it took the doc to lay eyeballs on the
cut, and write the scrip. Must be REAL nice to be able
to bill at $12,160 per hour.

And people wonder why I'm cynical of the medical "profession"...

And that was WITH insurance. The mind boggles at
what the bill would have been if I'd been paying cash!

The insurance company is probably going to pay $35 of that.

P.S: Why on Earth did you go see a doctor for anything less than a
near-amputation? You're a lot safer with a bar of soap & hot water
(or some betadine), clean cloth, a tube of bacitracin (or triple
antibiotic, and a cloth bandaid, Steve. A client's daughter just died
from a hospital staph infection just after she successfully overcame
pancreatic cancer. Hospitals are for the dying. Let's hope the
walk-in clinics are safer.

--
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in
nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding