DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas dryer broke, tumbles but does not dry. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/272935-re-gas-dryer-broke-tumbles-but-does-not-dry.html)

axolotl March 8th 09 09:30 PM

Gas dryer broke, tumbles but does not dry.

Ignoramus32468 wrote:
Oddly enough, two weeks after my GE Profile washer broke (which turned
to be an easy home fix), now my dryer is broke.

The symptom is that it tumbles, but stays cold. There is NO heat
whatsoever produced.

Two places to look. Check to see if the globar lights up. If not,
replace the globar. If the globar lights, check the coils on the gas
solenoid valve. If open, replace.

Look for the schematic that is shipped with the machine, often taped to
a panel.

Kevin Gallimore