DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   BP Disaster update.... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/269609-re-bp-disaster-update.html)

Wes[_2_] January 24th 09 10:40 PM

BP Disaster update....

F. George McDuffee wrote:

Which naturally suggests a cheater bar on the wrench [or impact
gun] and more torque. If it won't go get a bigger hammer....

As a repair tech I can attest that the part of the story that is always omitted is the
piece that makes things make sense.

Wes

Winston January 24th 09 11:07 PM

BP Disaster update....

Wes wrote:
F. George McDuffee wrote:

Which naturally suggests a cheater bar on the wrench [or impact
gun] and more torque. If it won't go get a bigger hammer....

As a repair tech I can attest that the part of the story that is always omitted is the
piece that makes things make sense.

And that part of the story generally is revealed right after you
say the magic phrase "What happened just before it started doing
this?" One time after I recited the magic phrase, the client
said, and I am not making this up:

"I closed the lid, I noticed there was this red wire being pinched
in the hinge. Is that important?"

Turns out it was very important. :)

--Winston

Wes[_2_] January 25th 09 10:31 PM

BP Disaster update....

Winston wrote:

As a repair tech I can attest that the part of the story that is always omitted is the
piece that makes things make sense.

And that part of the story generally is revealed right after you
say the magic phrase "What happened just before it started doing
this?" One time after I recited the magic phrase, the client
said, and I am not making this up:

"I closed the lid, I noticed there was this red wire being pinched
in the hinge. Is that important?"

Turns out it was very important. :)

Sadly, most of the time, the operator knows what he did wrong and isn't owning up to it. I
love operator history in CNC controls :)

Wes