DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - United States of America is a GREAT Country (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/269359-re-ot-united-states-america-great-country.html)

przemek klosowski January 21st 09 03:28 AM

OT - United States of America is a GREAT Country

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:51:56 +0000, Northern Raider wrote:

Even I can not really argue with that, but its going to be a pretty dumb
redneck who tries to disrupt todays event with 45,000 cops and soldier
on duty.

I was there, and it was remarkably cheerful and polite occasion, even
though it was extremely cold and crowds were enormous. The pond in
front of the Congress froze solid so that we could skate on it.

On the way back, on the metro, I saw a group of protesters: burly bearded
guys in T-shirts 'ASK ME WHY YOU DESERVE HELL'. They were fairly subdued.
They looked like the Kansas bunch that pickets funerals but I didn't
start a conversation

--
Przemek Klosowski, Ph.D. przemek.klosowski at gmail