Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Soldering of jewelry chains?

There was a jewelry chain making machine on diplay and in operation at
Cabin Fever. My daughter, who makes wire jewelry, was facinated by the
machine, and wanted to search Ebay for another. I disabused her of the
idea of competing with the Chinese and Indians but we would still like
to explore the method.
How are the individual chain links soldered as a bunch? The only method
I can come up with is to dump the chain in a molten metal bath, like
galvinizing an anchor chain. How does one keep the individual links from
sticking to each other?

Kevin Gallimore