Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Laser edge and center finder

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:33:29 -0800, "Michael Koblic"
wrote:

Does anyone have experience with these:

http://littlemachineshop.com/product...y=131031042 9

Google and Dejanews comments suggest that they may not be the best for edge
finding (most comments prior to integral polarizing attachments) which I can
intuitively understand, but I feel that they should be the thing for center
finding.

I am using one of these:

http://littlemachineshop.com/product...y=131031042 9

I have no problem finding the edges with it but I am not ecstatic about its
ability to find centres.

have you ever seen a laser with a point?

you can sharpen a scribe, you can sharpen a centre punch but I'd defy
you to sharpen a laser.

they're only good for woodwork.
Stealth Pilot