Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Laser edge and center finder

Michael Koblic wrote:
Does anyone have experience with these:

http://littlemachineshop.com/product...y=131031042 9

Google and Dejanews comments suggest that they may not be the best for edge
finding (most comments prior to integral polarizing attachments) which I can
intuitively understand, but I feel that they should be the thing for center
finding.

I am using one of these:

http://littlemachineshop.com/product...y=131031042 9

I have no problem finding the edges with it but I am not ecstatic about its
ability to find centres.

I use the laser quite a bit when accuracy of more than +_ .002 is not an
issue. Mine came without a polarizing filter but the dot is small enough
and adequate. I had to modify the turn on and off system, the plastic
piece was too slippery for my oily fingers. If you get one you'll see
what I mean.

cheers
T.Alan