DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Oh, MY! (Chevalier metal press) (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/267863-oh-my-chevalier-metal-press.html)

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] January 1st 09 01:14 AM

Oh, MY! (Chevalier metal press)

I couldn't find any presses ever made by Chevalier/Falcon.

I could find EDMs, mills, VMCs, HMCs, surface grinders... but no
presses.

I took the 200-mile trip.

Oh, MY! Wish me luck on the bid (I think [hope] I will get it).
Actually, I think I will.

It's a shop-clearing sealed-bid auction for a bunch of stuff that
works, and one thing that doesn't. It's missing a motor. Nobody was
bidding on anything broken, except me. Hell, they weren't even
LOOKING at anything missing any parts.

It's a Chevalier/Falcon FM-32HP CNC mill with an Anilam 3000 package
hooked (all three axes) and with 3-axis contouring software, power
drawbar, power quill feed, (of course) ball-screw drives all-round,
all the scales, and a little surface rust on the table from being
parked on the loading dock during a short rain. 3HP 3ph spindle,
mechanically variable speed (not step pulleys), 10x50 with 16" ram,
18" knee, 5" quill travels. 3485lb of well made (Taiwanese)
industrial-grade box-way knee mill. Will handle 948lb workpieces.

$150.00 minimum bid (yeah, I got the decimal in the right place).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Winner notified Friday morning.

I might be CNC-ing it in five or six months.

LLoyd

Ignoramus14786 January 1st 09 01:21 AM

Oh, MY! (Chevalier metal press)

On 2009-01-01, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
[...]

Seems to be an intentionally bady described semi-private deal for a
buddy of the auctioneer. You may indeed get it.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Gunner Asch[_4_] January 1st 09 11:23 AM

Oh, MY! (Chevalier metal press)

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 19:14:31 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

[...]

Which motor is it missing?

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] January 1st 09 01:27 PM

Oh, MY! (Chevalier metal press)

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Which motor is it missing?

Gunner

X-drive (left end of the table)

LLoyd

Gunner Asch[_4_] January 1st 09 10:10 PM

Oh, MY! (Chevalier metal press)

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 07:27:40 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Which motor is it missing?

Gunner

X-drive (left end of the table)

LLoyd

Find out what its supposed to be, and Ill pop into the network of
friends/cronies/fellow malcreants.

Thats actually a pretty nice mill.

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] January 1st 09 10:52 PM

Oh, MY! (Chevalier metal press)

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Find out what its supposed to be, and Ill pop into the network of
friends/cronies/fellow malcreants.

Thats actually a pretty nice mill.

Thanks, man! Actually, I won't know if I won the bid until tomorrow,
about noon. But I'll let you know.

Yeah... I thought it was a pretty nice piece of kit, too!

LLoyd