DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   drill press table raising mechanism??? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/267332-re-drill-press-table-raising-mechanism.html)

spaco December 22nd 08 03:04 PM

drill press table raising mechanism???

I have one of those on my craftsman drill press that a guy gave me 20
years ago. Same problem, though; I don't know who made it.
Just last week the pinion gear on the acme shaft came loose though.
I suppose I'll have to toss it out now. Too bad. It sure was nice
while it lasted.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

Bill Noble wrote:

a friend of mine has two Crafstman drill presses with 2 3/4 inch columns.
He acquired from some mystery source a raising mechanism I just helped him
install on one of them - I've never seen one like it snip

Gunner Asch[_4_] December 23rd 08 01:49 AM

drill press table raising mechanism???

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:04:05 -0600, spaco
wrote:

I have one of those on my craftsman drill press that a guy gave me 20
years ago. Same problem, though; I don't know who made it.
Just last week the pinion gear on the acme shaft came loose though.
I suppose I'll have to toss it out now. Too bad. It sure was nice
while it lasted.

Why toss it if its merely come loose? Drill and repin it.

Pete Stanaitis

Bill Noble wrote:

a friend of mine has two Crafstman drill presses with 2 3/4 inch columns.
He acquired from some mystery source a raising mechanism I just helped him
install on one of them - I've never seen one like it snip

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania