DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ubuntu Linux laptop crashes near a certain welding supplier (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/267147-re-ubuntu-linux-laptop-crashes-near-certain-welding-supplier.html)

Wes[_2_] December 19th 08 11:06 PM

Ubuntu Linux laptop crashes near a certain welding supplier

Ignoramus2817 wrote:

Very strange. I have a laptop running Ubuntu 8.10. While there are
some minor bugs, and inconveniences, it operates relatively reliably,
is fully able to suspend, screensaver etc and is a joy to use, nice on
battery etc.

I'm thinking there is some serious spurious emissions of RF in that area. Fwiw, I drive
by a foundry and the electrical noise will over ride my fm wireless transmitter for my mp3
player, kick my cell phone off the network, and over load my ham radio. Nasty place.

Wes