Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 0-80 threaded spacers

Is anyone on the group interested in making some 0-80 threaded aluminum
spacers for me? Probably in the 1/4-1/2 inch long range, quantity approx 15,
through threaded, round is fine. Any quotes? Thanks!

Mark

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Marcus wrote:
Is anyone on the group interested in making some 0-80 threaded aluminum
spacers for me? Probably in the 1/4-1/2 inch long range, quantity approx 15,
through threaded, round is fine. Any quotes? Thanks!

Mark

Better known as 'Standoffs' or 'Stand-offs'.

FWIW

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Marcus wrote:
Is anyone on the group interested in making some 0-80 threaded aluminum
spacers for me? Probably in the 1/4-1/2 inch long range, quantity approx 15,
through threaded, round is fine. Any quotes? Thanks!

Mark

Don't know if this will help, but look at BGMicro.

http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?Pag...D&ProdID=10461

technomaNge
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:58:51 -0500, "Marcus" wrote:

Is anyone on the group interested in making some 0-80 threaded aluminum
spacers for me? Probably in the 1/4-1/2 inch long range, quantity approx 15,
through threaded, round is fine. Any quotes? Thanks!

Mark

will brass do? Google "E-Z lock they are split and self locking,
designed to press into plastic, ans 0-80s are .125" long each.
Generally in stock at my supplier.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Getchersef a 0-80 tap, a 0.047" drill, some 1/16" aluminum and make your own. This because size "0"
is 0.060 and 1/16" = 0.0625". The closest standard drill bit to 0.047 is #56 which is 0.0465" and
the 1/16" stock would need to be turned down to 0.060".

Of course you'd have to have a lathe to turn down the rod stock to 0.060 and drill it through with
the #56 bit.

Lessee: Small lathe, #56 drill bit, and 0-80 tap and some rod stock at aprox. $550.00 plus
eye-strain and aggravation. Do you see why you have no bids?

Bob Swinney